Oreo Beta Issues Thread

BobDyl

May 5, 2015
Visit site
USA unlocked S8 here. Just got beta 2 this morning. Beware: the camera stopped working after the update. Had to wipe cache partition to get it back - but it did come back and appears to be working now.

Update: camera not working consistently at all. Often I get a black screen and the app crashes.

anon(8481482)

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Been having a lot of trouble using iris unlock. Will stop working until I restart my phone. Update #2 has actually made my phone more buggy. Thinking of rolling back.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Been having a lot of trouble using iris unlock. Will stop working until I restart my phone. Update #2 has actually made my phone more buggy. Thinking of rolling back.

have you updated with the small update that went out today? i was having trouble as well and i think it may have helped.

anon(8481482)

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have. Still having issues. Trying not to do a factory reset because I just don't want to. Going to give it one more update. If I'm still having the issue then I'm rolling back to Nougat.

anon(8481482)

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Update: Did a factory reset. Still having the issues. When iris scanning stops working I notice some apps (Allo especially) also become unresponsive.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I cannot answer a call coming in. Whole screen freezes.

And there are some camera opening issues as well.

Hoping for another fix soon.

cgonzalez82

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm on beta 2 on my unlocked UK s8, and haven't encountered any issues thankfully. Camera works, battery life seems decent and no apps having any issues.

I did a full factory reset when I installed the original beta so perhaps that helped? Who knows.

Hopefully the issues people are encountering are fixed in the next update, and I don't find any myself.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm on beta 2 on my unlocked UK s8, and haven't encountered any issues thankfully. Camera works, battery life seems decent and no apps having any issues.

I did a full factory reset when I installed the original beta so perhaps that helped? Who knows.

Hopefully the issues people are encountering are fixed in the next update, and I don't find any myself.
Are you using an SD card and if so are you experiencing any issues with it? That seems to be my biggest issue.

I also ended up doing a reset and it didn't help with the SD card issue and the second update didn't help either.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
My phone was freezing quite frequently while using the Amazon app. I had to reset my device (was almost on the verge of opting out of beta) and restore all of my apps and settings and unfortunately,
even after the reset, the Amazon app still freezes. Does anyone of you have a similar issue?

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

BobDyl

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Switching to my backup phone until beta 3 comes out. Just can't use it with beta 2 - incoming calls won't stop ringing the phone, camera doesn't work, battery is shot by mid-day. Have reported all this to Samsung, now hoping it's addressed in the next build. But can't really use the phone right now...

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Switching to my backup phone until beta 3 comes out. Just can't use it with beta 2 - incoming calls won't stop ringing the phone, camera doesn't work, battery is shot by mid-day. Have reported all this to Samsung, now hoping it's addressed in the next build. But can't really use the phone right now...

So sorry that's happening for you. I've been lucky. Just minor problems. Hoping that since they updated the Members app, the Beta 3 update will be coming soon.

BobDyl

May 5, 2015
Visit site
So sorry that's happening for you. I've been lucky. Just minor problems. Hoping that since they updated the Members app, the Beta 3 update will be coming soon.

Thanks! Yeah I hope to be back at it very soon. Aside from these issues which I'm sure will get fixed, the beta is very good. Generally smooth and fast, nice feature set.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I did full factory reset and been very careful and ginger as to what I install or customization. Running better at least.

Was tempted to buy an S8 in meantime as backup or as test phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae