11-28-2017 11:30 PM
70 123
tools
    There's a thread about the Oreo beta which is general discussion about it but I thought it may be helpful to have a dedicated thread for those experiencing issues as a result of the beta...if helpful, I can consolidate items into the OP.

Also, post up any workarounds/solutions you've found, if any.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's an early list of bugs and fixes:
    https://www.gottabemobile.com/samsun...roblems-fixes/

*Some issues may be fixed by wiping the cache partition*

• Some report Swiftkey not working due to themes - uninstalling and re-installing appears to fix it
    • Nova Launcher appears to work OK - one report of icon issues, another of Samsung apps disappearing and issues editing folders
    • Some report worse battery life
    • Issues with Solid Explorer reported - stopped seeing SD card - reportedly app needs to be updated
    • Issues with Samsung Health reported, can't dismiss running in background notification
    • Issue with notification of SD card is installed after every reboot
    • Android pay reportedly not working
    • Android auto not working
    • Some hiccups with SD cards...seem to settle out after reboots and/or waiting
    • reported issues with MMS messages
    • OIS may be impacted on pics/vids
    • One report of wireless charging not working
    mary beth hale and Rufinoman like this.
    11-05-2017 01:09 PM
    Battery life has taken a hit. No full screen in Youtube. Random vibrations. Using black theme from Samsung store makes text almost disappear in some apps and popups. Slight stuttering.
    Going to try to go with all Samsung stuff...keyboard, launcher, internet, email, weather, etc for a bit to see if it makes any difference.
    11-06-2017 07:48 PM
    Have S8 here in UK. Wireless charging not working and a bit down on battery life. Same as mentioned with Samsung Health too.
    11-07-2017 05:48 AM
    Reinstalling Swiftkey hasn't fixed the Swiftkey themes issue for me, in spite of wiping the data partition. The beta version makes no difference.
    PIP doesn't work with Chrome and I believe it only works with YouTube Red if I'm not mistaken.
    11-07-2017 06:08 AM
    Hey everyone I couldn't find a thread with this exact issue I'm having,l but im currently enrolled in Android beta program on my pixel 2 xl unlocked version running 8.1, is there any way to leave the program with out a data wipe?
    11-07-2017 07:46 AM
    Hi mate. Go back to official software with your google backup. No one can guarantee you will loose your current settings so if that happens then go back to a previous restore from your back up cloud account. Hope this helps.
    11-07-2017 09:26 AM
    Everyone remember to contribute to the Oreo Beta feedback in the Members app.
    11-07-2017 01:33 PM
    bluetooth is messy. goes in and out while on calls. yesterday it turned itself off completely and then i could not turn it back on without a reboot.

wifi keeps giving me authentication errors on known networks.

received a call yesterday and after picking up it kept buzzing in my ear as if still ringing.
    11-07-2017 03:07 PM
    Custom ring/text tones not playing for contacts. Mms messages seem to not send.
    11-07-2017 03:40 PM
    My biggest issue is battery life. I plan to do factory reset on Thursday or Friday. I hope it resolves my issue. I have sent in the other issues that I have encountered.
    11-07-2017 03:48 PM
    My biggest issue is battery life. I plan to do factory reset on Thursday or Friday. I hope it resolves my issue. I have sent in the other issues that I have encountered.
    Battery hit my biggest issue as well. Factory reset did not help battery, though it made everything else run more smoothly and faster.
    badcat likes this.
    11-07-2017 04:21 PM
    Battery hit my biggest issue as well. Factory reset did not help battery, though it made everything else run more smoothly and faster.
    Thanks for the info. Not going to factory reset now. I'll just get rid of some apps and see if that works.My phone runs smooth and no other issues that are too terrible to endure. Hope those are fixed with an update.
    11-07-2017 07:12 PM
    Thanks for the info. Not going to factory reset now. I'll just get rid of some apps and see if that works.My phone runs smooth and no other issues that are too terrible to endure. Hope those are fixed with an update.
    I'm going to ride it out until an update as well. It's not like my battery is completely tanking. Just nowhere near as good as it was pre-beta. Had a kind of funky vibration problem when Samsung keyboard kept stopping but that went away when I reinstalled SwiftKey. Overall, peppy and smooth.
    badcat and tube517 like this.
    11-07-2017 08:10 PM
    SD card notification on every reboot.

Sd card issues ongoing. File manager apps having issues seeing or accessing the card. File manager apps crashing while doing so. Write permissions to the card seem problematic.

Notification problems. When the phone is locked Nine email will give no notifications at all, either sound or LED. Gmail gives an audio notification but no LED. Samsung email client and Textra both work fine.

Battery life is worse but by no means awful as mary beth hale has stated.

The Samsung Plus and Members apps are both a bit flakey as well. Sometimes doing partial freezes and/or stuttering.
    11-09-2017 08:09 AM
    Cleared cache partition again and my battery life yesterday improved.
    I do like the app pair feature on edge panels.
    Samsung + app was flaky for me even prior to the beta. Both Samsung + and Members apps are slow, occasionally freeze or tell me I don't have a good internet connection.
    badcat likes this.
    11-09-2017 09:10 AM
    Cleared cache partition again and my battery life yesterday improved.
    I do like the app pair feature on edge panels.
    Samsung + app was flaky for me even prior to the beta. Both Samsung + and Members apps are slow, occasionally freeze or tell me I don't have a good internet connection.
    I'll try clearing the cache partition again. It can't hurt.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-09-2017 09:34 AM
    Pretty much my experience as well. The phone definitely runs better overall. The biggest problem for me is the sd card. It's like the card is remounting differently every reboot. I have to point Poweramp at the music directory every single time because it can't find the directory (the exact same one) I pointed to the last time. Once I do that it works. And shortcuts I made in Solid Explorer wouldn't work more than once saying that directory didn't exist even though I could see it.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-09-2017 09:44 AM
    Not using an SD card so thankfully don't have those issues.
    Frankly not seeing a whole lot of change from Nougat, but since I'm not having any deal-breaker problems, I'll continue with the beta and look forward to more updates.
    The phone is very fast and responsive. Smooth sailing re: performance.
    badcat likes this.
    11-09-2017 09:56 AM
    Mobile Installer notification won't go away. Really annoying!

The beta was pretty glitchy at first but has seemed to settle down.
    11-09-2017 10:41 AM
    Not using an SD card so thankfully don't have those issues.
    Frankly not seeing a whole lot of change from Nougat, but since I'm not having any deal-breaker problems, I'll continue with the beta and look forward to more updates.
    The phone is very fast and responsive. Smooth sailing re: performance.
    If I didn't have the sd card issues I would be saying the same thing. For now I'm going to stick it out and pray that this is addressed in a forthcoming update.
    11-09-2017 01:07 PM
    My issues so far are:
    1) My assigned notification tones for contacts dont work in the samsung messaging app.
    2) Battery life decreased
    3) Had an issue with my SDCard. Message said it was corrupt and had to reformat it.
    4) Cant leave feedback in members app. I get the message that my phone or account is not registered with the Galaxy Beta Program... Seen others have this as well, but no fix.
    badcat likes this.
    11-09-2017 01:11 PM
    If I didn't have the sd card issues I would be saying the same thing. For now I'm going to stick it out and pray that this is addressed in a forthcoming update.
    Yeah, I store stuff locally or in the cloud. I'm a light user though. My daughter, who depends on her SD card a lot, is having the same issues as you.
    badcat likes this.
    11-09-2017 01:17 PM
    Mobile Installer notification won't go away. Really annoying!

The beta was pretty glitchy at first but has seemed to settle down.
    I don't have a Sprint phone but apparently the Mobile Installer issue is pretty widespread. Googled it and saw this...Oreo Beta Issues Thread-screenshot_20171109-125931.jpg
    badcat likes this.
    11-09-2017 01:32 PM
    Beta in UK getting updated. Hopefully US to follow soon.
    11-10-2017 09:30 AM
    Yeah, I store stuff locally or in the cloud. I'm a light user though. My daughter, who depends on her SD card a lot, is having the same issues as you.
    I store about 70 GB of music plus some other stuff on the card. I suspect it will be addressed at some point hopefully sooner rather than later. I did send feedback to the beta program about it.
    11-10-2017 10:26 AM
70 123