The microphone icon has gone missing from my S8 Samsung keyboard and it is not amongst the options available from holding down the gear icon on the keyboard. This problem has been intermittently happening for a number of weeks - the mike icon inexplicably disappearing & then reappearing!!. I first tried installing another Google app - the "Google Now Launcher from Play Store(its icon has a white "G" on a blue background) but this did not help &, worse still, I found that most of my apps are missing from the Home & App screens which it launches - so I've quickly uninstalled this launcher! I installed a Google Keyboard app from Play Store but the mike icon is also missing from this keyboard.
    So, I still have the missing microphone problem & it's very annoying - just when I was revelling in the ability to use voice to text for making notes, writing SMS messages, e-mails etc. Can anyone help? I'd be most grateful.
    11-07-2017 04:31 PM