If Samsung changes the position of the fingerprint scanner and improves the battery life, they will wipe out their competition. The S8 is hands down the best feeling and looking phone period, with a stunning display and a perfect size in my opinion.

As much as I hate Samsung bloat, Samsung pay is the only truly usable contactless payment as it works on any card processing machine.

I love the S8 but I am struggling to keep this phone because of the battery life. I am finding every positive thing to not return this phone.

I've used Pixel 2 and iPhone X and really don't want to keep changing phones :-)

What do you guys think??
    Mr_Spencer likes this.
    11-11-2017 06:03 PM
    My battery life has been excellent. (now on Oreo beta, so not as good)
    11-11-2017 07:05 PM
    My battery life has been great. Maybe it's something you're doing. Or an app you use.
    11-11-2017 08:10 PM
    To give us a better idea of what you consider poor battery life, how about telling us how long you go between charges - or at least how long, preferably in "hours", you feel you can go before you really have to plug in again.

All day - about 12 hours?

A whole 20 to 24 hours? (Which is what I get.)

2 to 4 hours? (Now that, I'd consider bad battery life.)

Just curious.
    11-11-2017 11:02 PM
    The battery life has been average for me since I got it launch week. I can't complain. However, I see people getting much better battery life than me. This has always been an issue with me as I don't have anything on my phone that should create such variability. The finger print scanner placement in the beginning was not really an issue and I lived with it because if the Iris unlock and face unlock. I'm finding over time I am becoming less tolerant of them. I recently did a factory reset because my the FPS was so random in its function and the phone seemes to stutter. Same issue as my last 4 Sammy phones although this one took 6 months. All in all the honeymoon is over. I'm keeping the S8 + but I ordered and I am picking up my iPhone X tommorow. Best of both worlds.
    11-11-2017 11:33 PM
    My iris scan never worked, face recognition is mediocre at best and finger print needs multiple attempts most times. Disappointing.
    Battery life is good, I have all apps I don't use throttled and blocked, screen on HD (I can't tell the difference between them anyway), and battery saver on... I still like the phone but the unlock thing pisses me off mightily. And I still hate the finger sensor position.
    11-12-2017 12:38 AM