From iPhone 6S+ to Pixel 2XL to Note 8 to S8+

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I was an iPhone 6S+ user for about 2 years and decided to come back to Android. iPhone/iOS had two benefits, constant direct updates and the Apple store. There was one near my home and when I noticed my screen was scratched I dropped it off on a Friday night and picked it up Saturday morning. Other than that it was a very expensive simple device/os.

I decided to come back to Android and tried the Google Pixel 2 XL since it had pure Android and would push updates regardless of carrier. For the $1000 cost I wasn't impressed and returned it. Next in line was the Samsung Galaxy note 8. i had a Note years ago and really liked it. Wasn't very happy with the placement of the fingerprint sensor, Pixel 2 XL was ideal.

I settled on the Galaxy S8+. This device fits comfortably in my hand and the fingerprint sensor is a little more centered and easy to access. A lot of people complain about TouchWiz but I don't mind it. I hear people say they like the iPhone because "it works", so does the Samsung S8+. I like my devices naked but I use my phone a lot for work and I'm in and out of the warehouse all day and because this phone is so slick I'm looking for a slim clear silicone case.

So far the S8+ is the best phone I've ever owned. It's very responsive, the edge screen lets me keep my home screen clean (see below), the fingerprint sensor could be more sensitive, maybe if it was round it would be better (Pixel 2 XL was ideal), the display is exceptional, happy to have in app settings back (on the iPhone all app settings are in the settings section)

I'm still trying to figure out how to set my Google contacts as the default of the phone app.

As I think of more items I'll edit this post.

S8+ screen.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney