So my S8+ Unlocked(unbranded) died completely and used my Samsung premium coverage. They were super quick and shipped me out a replacement unit the next day.
    That was the good part.

Bad part was I was shipped a ATT branded version(I use both ATT and Tmobile, hence why I only by unlocked. I assumed this was just a mistake and called them(they use Assurant to handle replacements) and in talking to them they said they do not carry or replace unlocked. They did ask me what carrier I was using it with at the time, which was ATT, and which is why they sent me an ATT version.

I was super annoyed, I have and want my unlocked version replaced. Assurant redirected me back to Samsung where I had this escalated and now waiting to hear back with a case number. So word to the wise for folks with unlocked phones...
    11-14-2017 02:03 PM
    That's very odd that they don't carry non carrier versions. I mean I guess it sorta makes sense because almost no one buys those, but you'd think they'd have the ability to get a hold of one in a pinch. Please let us know what Samsung says. Also, was the AT&T phone you received new or refurbished? Also, also... is AT&T willing to unlock it?
    11-14-2017 02:23 PM
    That's very odd that they don't carry non carrier versions. I mean I guess it sorta makes sense because almost no one buys those, but you'd think they'd have the ability to get a hold of one in a pinch. Please let us know what Samsung says. Also, was the AT&T phone you received new or refurbished? Also, also... is AT&T willing to unlock it?
    It definitely looked refurbed. I haven't tried to get ATT to unlock it yet, since its paid for shouldn't be an issue.
    I bought all my unlocked direct from Samsung or BestBuy so there are buyers like me are out there and should support them in the same way as carrier versions.I won't let this go since it affects my unlocked Note 8 as well. I'll keep escalating until I'm satisfied or...I get them to refund my insurance cost.
    11-14-2017 04:32 PM