So last night I charged wirelessly as usual no problem. I get to work, plop my ATT S8 down on my third party charger (Choetech) and nothing...

So I wiped the cache, removed the OtterBox case, restarted the phone and tried again. Nothing...

Tested my chargers with other phones, they work fine. It's definitely my phone. It has worked normally since I purchased it on day one, until now.

Just curious if this may be tied into the recent update (from late last week) or if anyone has any ideas how to fix this.
    11-14-2017 08:55 PM
    It's doubtful an update did that, especially from a week ago. Does it charge using a the cable? Have you tried it on a different wireless charger?

Actually, back to the update theory. Did you receive any app updates over night? Are you one of the lucky few that was selected to beta test Oreo?

I would take it to the AT&T store and test it on one of their wireless chargers, if it still doesn't work, then they should replace it via warranty.
    11-15-2017 12:26 PM
    It's doubtful an update did that, especially from a week ago. Does it charge using a the cable? Have you tried it on a different wireless charger?

Actually, back to the update theory. Did you receive any app updates over night? Are you one of the lucky few that was selected to beta test Oreo?

I would take it to the AT&T store and test it on one of their wireless chargers, if it still doesn't work, then they should replace it via warranty.
    I've tried multiple cables, power bricks (Samsung, Apple, Griffin, RavPower, Anker, Aukey, both QC 2, 3 and regular slow) and the three wireless chargers I have (2 Choetech and 2 PowerBot). No luck.

I do not have any Samsung wireless chargers so I'll take the phone into best buy this weekend and test on one of those.

I do not have Oreo and the last update I got last week everything was fine until yesterday. So it's a total crapshoot at the moment lol.
    11-15-2017 05:32 PM
    I've tried multiple cables, power bricks (Samsung, Apple, Griffin, RavPower, Anker, Aukey, both QC 2, 3 and regular slow) and the three wireless chargers I have (2 Choetech and 2 PowerBot). No luck.

I do not have any Samsung wireless chargers so I'll take the phone into best buy this weekend and test on one of those.

I do not have Oreo and the last update I got last week everything was fine until yesterday. So it's a total crapshoot at the moment lol.
    So it's not charging at all? Yeah... It sounds like a warranty replacement is in order.
    11-15-2017 05:44 PM
    So it's not charging at all? Yeah... It sounds like a warranty replacement is in order.
    Charges on a wire just fine lol.
    11-15-2017 06:25 PM
    Charges on a wire just fine lol.
    Ok. I misread your response.
    11-15-2017 07:01 PM
    All good, I probably wasn't clear.
    11-15-2017 08:10 PM
    All good, I probably wasn't clear.
    11-15-2017 08:49 PM
    My s8+ unlocked stopped wireless charging a couple weeks ago. It recognizes when it's on the charger but the battery percentage (actual, not just display) does not go up.
    Sent back to Sam. Returned it in a week, allegedly with a new coil but it does the same thing. Sent it back again (this time with. a note as I am not sure everything got conveyed from the telephone rep to the repair site in Texas) and am awaiting the repair.
    11-16-2017 04:13 AM