Why wont my Galaxy S8 connect to my bluetooth earbud only?

Scasey9206

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
I have a plantronics bluetooth earbud. My S8 will connect but when my phone rings I hear it in my ear and still out loud on my phone. When I connect by bluetooth I should be the only one to hear it ring or get a notification. All sounds in my ear, not out loud. If I put my phone on silent, it also goes silent in my bluetooth. Also my VZ navigation won't stay connected to my bluetooth nor will the S8 ask the question to answer or ignore with voice commands on an incoming call.
Please help?
Thank you, Shellie

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a plantronics bluetooth earbud. My S8 will connect but when my phone rings I hear it in my ear and still out loud on my phone. When I connect by bluetooth I should be the only one to hear it ring or get a notification. All sounds in my ear, not out loud. If I put my phone on silent, it also goes silent in my bluetooth.

It shouldn't. At least it doesn't on my S8+. It should only ring in your earbud. How old is your earbud? Even though BT 5 is backwards compatible with older BT devices, not all functionality is supported in older devices. Try putting your phone on ringer off, with vibrate on. That is the setting I use.

Also my VZ navigation won't stay connected to my bluetooth

Are you talking about VZ Navigator? If so, I recommend using Google Drive/Maps or Waze. First off, they are free, whereas VZ Navigator requires a subscription. Again, if you are using an older BT device, that could be part of the problem.

nor will the S8 ask the question to answer or ignore with voice commands on an incoming call.
Please help?
Thank you, Shellie

Are you trying to use voice commands through your BT ear bud? If so, like I said previously, older BT devices may not fully support newer functions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX