Over the past few days whenever I have my headphones plugged in after 5-10 mins I will see the volume decrease all the way to mute as if someone is pushing the button. It seems to be happening when I'm in SoundCloud but not Spotify. If I press any buttons when it's happening I end up back on the main screen and it continues to go nuts and push buttons on its own. If I try to restart my device it automatically pushes to start it in safe mode. I also noticed a light grey line around the top left hand app on my home screen.

I am using the standard headphones that came with the phone. I saw one old thread for a different phone that said it was the headphones mic that is the problem but even when I'm in a dead silent room it still has the same issue.

I have done a soft and hard reset.

Help!!!
    11-16-2017 09:36 AM
    I have something similar with the S8. Samsung have built something in that it doesn't like you listening to music at full volume. I use tasker and sometimes I have to manually increase media sound to full when connecting to car Bluetooth (as the profile won't turn it up to full as a pop up message appears).
    11-16-2017 01:04 PM
    Samsung has always dropped the volume when something is plugged into the headphone jack - it's to prevent you from suing them for hearing loss (which you will suffer if you listen to high volume - and it doesn't have to be for a long time - my hearing in one ear dropped about 80db from one close loud blast of a didgeridoo).
    11-18-2017 04:06 PM
    well gosh that's just annoying. I have been using my old apple headphones for the past week and I've noticed no issues so who knows...
    11-20-2017 04:04 PM
    This has been happening to me over Bluetooth as well.
    11-21-2017 11:30 AM