Hey all,

As the title suggests. I'm so sick of Facebook changing the app and the latest one makes it so difficult to get to the menu to make it sort my news feed by Most Recent. Is there any way to set it as default?

Now I have to click down the bottom right, see more then Most Recent every damn time I open the app
    11-17-2017 03:24 AM
    I hate this new layout too. I've not been able to set news feed to most recent by default for ages tho. not sure if you can
    11-17-2017 04:28 AM
    I'm not sure your can. Unfortunately, FB uses the Apple model of making you do things its way.
    11-18-2017 11:33 AM
    click on the menu button on the lower right that looks like the grid of squares, then click on Feeds, then click on most recent which should be the first one listed.
    11-19-2017 07:05 PM
    I tried GC736 advice and it doesn't work on my newly purchased Galaxy 8+.

I go to the grid. I don't have a feed button. I have an Explore Feed. I scroll further down and I have a News Feed Preferences. Bingo... Not.... I open it and there is nothing about Recent Posts.

I do have 4 options:
    Prioritize who to see 1st
    Unfollow people to hide their posts
    Reconnect with people you unfollowed
    Discover pages that match your interests.

None have a Recent Posts option

My daughters Galaxy S6 has a Recent Post option

Any other ideas?
    Thanks...
    12-21-2017 07:11 PM

Make sure you have the latest facebook version and scroll down until you see feeds and click most recent. It's pass the explore feeds option
    12-22-2017 03:20 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1ae4893bdc.jpg

Make sure you have the latest facebook version and scroll down until you see feeds and click most recent. It's pass the explore feeds option
    I think they want it to always stay on most recent posts when they open the app every time. They have to keep going to the most recent tab like you are showing.
    12-22-2017 07:23 AM
    I doubt this is possible, and I've all but given up on it. I use FB via Chrome mobile mostly, and even there I have issues. Not only does it not remain on most recent, it doesn't even respect the setting. When set to most recent, things still show out of order, and some posts don't show at all.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-22-2017 08:02 AM
    I still can't find an option to change to recent posts.

I bought the phone a couple weeks ago so I'm assuming I have the latest version of FB, don't know how to tell..... I'm using Chrome too.

It looks like I have the latest version because upgrading is not an option, just uninstall or open....

My screen looks nothing like shaimere's.

The top icons are on the bottom of my screen. No bars on the right, just a grid of 9 dots. I push the grid and I get a ton of icons, 4 wide and 8 rows, a page full. Nothing about feeds.

I scroll down to Settings and Privacy, that's where I found News Feeds and Preferences. No Feed in there. I've checked App Settings, Notification settings, Acc't Settings etc, And nowhere can I find an option to change feed to recent...

Banging head? Yep..... I'd be happy to be able to change it once, let along trying to keep it to stay recent....
    12-22-2017 10:28 AM
    Found the answer...but it's ridiculous. You have to type most recent in the search bar. But it wont stay on most recent by default
    05-04-2018 06:03 AM