Ok Google

airslap

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I have a new Galaxy S8 and I have never been able to get Ok Google to wake the phone up from the always on display. Works anywhere else in the phone and bixby wakes up the phone from the always on display no problem. I don't like using bixby though. Does anyone know how to fix this?

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Even using Bixby, it will only take you as far as the lock screen. At that point, you still have to swipe/fingerprint/iris etc to get to your home screen.

Didn't know that as I don't use Bixby. Just read somewhere the Bixby would voice unlock phone from AOD. Good to know.

airslap

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I've tried turning Bixby off but that didn't work but I haven't tried package disabling Bixby yet because I have to purchase an app to do that and I don't know if it will work yet. That's why I was just checking to see if anybody had an success or solutions.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why so many people have responded that its not possible to invoke "OK Google" from the AOD screen. I just enabled Trusted Voice in the Google app and was able to Unlock the phone >> Invoke Google Assistant >> Voice Search using the OK Google keyword. Am I missing anything?

airslap

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I have done that and it is switched on and still not working. Tried turning it on and off. Resetting the app, clearing the cache, disabling bixby voice commands. Nothing works. Only Bixby will respond when the phone is on the Always On Display. A lot of people have this problem from my research. Haven't found a solution yet.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have done that and it is switched on and still not working. Tried turning it on and off. Resetting the app, clearing the cache, disabling bixby voice commands. Nothing works. Only Bixby will respond when the phone is on the Always On Display. A lot of people have this problem from my research. Haven't found a solution yet.
I'm on Oreo beta too and it's working for me. It could be something Samsung might add for the final Oreo release.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Oreo beta too and it's working for me. It could be something Samsung might add for the final Oreo release.

I swear I've tried enabling OK Google from AOD multiple times without success. After reading these posts I tried it again and it works!
Also on the Oreo Beta...

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Samsung and Android need to catch up. That's the one thing I have to say Apple is better at is hands-free voice activation.
Fingers crossed that Oreo gives us this feature

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Samsung and Android need to catch up. That's the one thing I have to say Apple is better at is hands-free voice activation.
Fingers crossed that Oreo gives us this feature

It's a Samsung issue, not Android. Pixel phones running pure Android will launch OK Google (as well as Hey Google) if phone is asleep and locked.

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
Correct. Hence the reason why I said Samsung and Android since it's the way Samsung alters android to work with Bixby instead but they could give their customers the option. I know Samsung is going to at some point go full Tizen but it will be a big mistake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz