Ok Google

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
My friend's Note 8 works with Google Assistant handsfree from the lockscreen. May be Samsung forgot to enable it on the S8 series during launch and then eventually worked with Google to enable it on the Note 8, which they will bring to the S8 series with Oreo. Or it could be a 7.1.1 feature.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
On Oreo Beta, OK Google unlocks the phone from AOD. It opens voice assistant but if you cancel it or back out the phone is unlocked to home screen.

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know, right? I'd seen your post before work and when I got home automatically sent a reply.
Hard core OK Google user here and that's one of the best things for me about the Beta.

Oh ... wait ... I may have misunderstood before.

So, with Oreo Beta, when you're on the AOD screen, you can say "OK Google" and the voice assistant comes up? If I understood that correctly, then that's great! That means you can shout OK Google from across the kitchen while the screen is off and set a timer, set an alarm, or whatever! :). I think that was the whole point ... ?

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know, right? I'd seen your post before work and when I got home automatically sent a reply.
Hard core OK Google user here and that's one of the best things for me about the Beta.

That was my whole complaint before ... not being able to access OK Google voice assistant when the screen is off. But it sounds like you can now on Oreo Beta ... ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech