Verizon Galaxy S8 Is it worth $400

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking of jumping on the Best Buy deal for the S8. Is it worth moving from the lg g6 to the s8 if the only thing i'm upgrading is the camera? the g6's camera takes too long to focus and that's the only thing i don't like. If i move to the s8 i want the battery to be at least the same and not like the horrible s7 edge battery.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of jumping on the Best Buy deal for the S8. Is it worth moving from the lg g6 to the s8 if the only thing i'm upgrading is the camera? the g6's camera takes too long to focus and that's the only thing i don't like. If i move to the s8 i want the battery to be at least the same and not like the horrible s7 edge battery.
If you can wait you must move on with S9+ in three months more or less. My S8+ got a good battery live.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
It was worth $700.
Well, I bought up front my S8+ as soon it comes out. Don't remember the amount of money, I'm an old fortgetful man, I spend on the S8+. $700.00 is to much for a phone that's going to be a year old soon. Keep the $700.00 and add some more money so you can buy the S9+ as soon it hit the shelf.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Why are people seemingly against plans like Galaxy Forever and JUMP? Using those plans, you don't pay the full price for your phone (the payments for 1 year total about half of the retail price) plus you can upgrade without the hassle of trying to sell a used phone at a decent price. I realize that there may be catches for some people, but it's at least worth a recommendation.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Why are people seemingly against plans like Galaxy Forever and JUMP? Using those plans, you don't pay the full price for your phone (the payments for 1 year total about half of the retail price) plus you can upgrade without the hassle of trying to sell a used phone at a decent price. I realize that there may be catches for some people, but it's at least worth a recommendation.
That's right, but is just a choice. All of us must got a choice of buying whatever phone we like and by the means we decided.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i don't want to pay $700 for it. it's on sale for about $400. the only reason i'm not waiting for s9 is by the time it comes down to $400 it will be around black friday next year too. two things that concern me about the s8 that i hated from the s7 edge: the curved screen (most annoying thing i've ever encountered on a phone cause my palm kept touching it and it kept registering and it was hell) and the horrible battery life (i could barely keep it unplugged. on standby it will go down to 20% in 8 hrs so nevermind using it). those are the two things i don't want a repeat again with the s8

rizzo269

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i don't want to pay $700 for it. it's on sale for about $400. the only reason i'm not waiting for s9 is by the time it comes down to $400 it will be around black friday next year too. two things that concern me about the s8 that i hated from the s7 edge: the curved screen (most annoying thing i've ever encountered on a phone cause my palm kept touching it and it kept registering and it was hell) and the horrible battery life (i could barely keep it unplugged. on standby it will go down to 20% in 8 hrs so nevermind using it). those are the two things i don't want a repeat again with the s8
The S8 battery should be better than the G6. For $400 I think that's a good buy too. As far as the curved screen, it's not as pronounced as the s7 edge was but probably best to check it out and hold in person before you buy.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Battery live is good, the curved screen is there. Don't know if any better or bad compare to S7 cause I never bought S7. My first Samsung Galaxy was the S6, I liked this phone so I bought the S8+. I too have a Google Pixel XL, the original, but that is a different kind of animal. The S8+ is a great Galaxy phone, if you can check it out at stores do it. See for yourself if the curved screen is to much for you , if not go for it .

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i just wish the pixel xl 2 also had a similar sale price then i wouldn't have to deal with curved screen lol

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I've been VERY IMPRESSED with my Galaxy S8. I think the battery life is acceptable. The curved screen doesn't bother me. I have dropped it a few times walking the dog, but I have it in a case and haven't had any problems with screen damage.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
No

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
You make a good point. I've debated getting back on one of those plans. The only thing is that you have to use whatever the carrier has and won't be able to get a truly unique device (OnePlus, Honor/Huawei, Pixel, etc). That's my only problem with those deals.

Does it save money? Probably but it might depend on the phone and the situation...I think.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
At 400 it's a no brainer, there's no other device that comes close to the features you get with the S8+. Battery life is great, water resistance, screen is awesome, performance is top notch, gets monthly security updates (except past 2-3 months), will get Oreo in less than 2 months, Samsung Pay, camera is solid in all conditions, has a lot of support for accessories, fast wireless and wired charging, works on all carriers when unlocked, etc. If some of them don't matter to you then I guess the OnePlus 5 or the Huawei Mate 9 for 499 and 399 are better options. If you can live without Android Pay then the Moto G5+ (not one with the S) is a better buy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781