Sprint Galaxy S8 Carrier UICC Unlock

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Once Sprint unlocks my Samsung S8 Plus will it function on any carrier obviously with their sim card? Or to be more specific AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Once Sprint unlocks my Samsung S8 Plus will it function on any carrier obviously with their sim card? Or to be more specific AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile.

I don't believe it will work with just installing a new SIM for the local carriers. It works well internationally but can't verify with local carriers. This was the case when I had the Note 4 and it did not work with just another SIM. I think you might have to do some additional things to get it to work.

Maybe someone with a better experience than mine can help.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I believe it will function on any carrier, as I believe Samsung made all phones unlocked after the S7's. All you have to do is pay it off.

Harvey Deven

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
Your phone uses CDMA technology. And it might not work on all network.

I recommend you check first if the new network you wish to use accept your phone. Otherwise, you will pay a service which won't help you too much!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only carrier it would work with is Verizon (AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM, not CDMA), and it won't have the LTE bands that Verizon uses, so you'll get voice and text. (And Verizon usually won't allow a Sprint phone on their network - it has to have one of Verizon's ESNs.)

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
The only carrier it would work with is Verizon (AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM, not CDMA), and it won't have the LTE bands that Verizon uses, so you'll get voice and text. (And Verizon usually won't allow a Sprint phone on their network - it has to have one of Verizon's ESNs.)

That is not true. It will work on ANY carrier. All he needs is an activated SIM.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I believe it will function on any carrier, as I believe Samsung made all phones unlocked after the S7's. All you have to do is pay it off.

Actually, it started with the Nexus (maybe even earlier). Since 2012, almost all smartphones sold in the US, had GSM, CDMA, and LTE radios enabled. My Verizon Galaxy Nexus, and subsequent Verizon Galaxy Note II, were GSM capable.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I had Sprint unlock the phone on Tuesday went to T-Mobile on Wednesday the gave me a sim and a code number. On first boot about 15 seconds in it asks for the code then continues on and the phone is functional but without any T-Mobile apps. About 10 minutes later it shows a software update is available and it's a 780 meg download, once done it's a fully functional T-Mobile phone including their voicemail app and bloatware. Works perfectly so obviously this phone supports both network types. When I look at about phone it shows everything functioning as it should including October security update, Brand now says T-Mobile instead of Sprint and device status shows official.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree because of all the different opinions I wasn't certain what was going to happen. Looks like gernerttl nailed it, he was correct from the unset. Thank you. Nice to know I can now choose any carrier at anytime when you call them with an unlocked phone you get different group and that customer service is of the highest level. They paid to next day air the sim card to me and waved the set up fee without asking. Still working perfectly.

prestigiouswireless

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
I unlock phones for a living and can verify that it will. Commonly in my area most Unlock them to run on Cricket. But that’s awesome to know T-Mobile pushes that software out.

webhogg

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
Actually, it started with the Nexus (maybe even earlier). Since 2012, almost all smartphones sold in the US, had GSM, CDMA, and LTE radios enabled. My Verizon Galaxy Nexus, and subsequent Verizon Galaxy Note II, were GSM capable.

i've had my s7 for several years & i'd like to unlock my s7 (sprint), however i wish to remain a sprint customer. is that possible?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
i've had my s7 for several years & i'd like to unlock my s7 (sprint), however i wish to remain a sprint customer. is that possible?
Yes. You'll have to contact Sprint. There is some criteria you have to meet. Like how much (if any) you owe on the phone and if you are still under contract.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech