Anyone have any experience testing the battery life of the s8 without wifi? All the battery reviews I've seen all use wifi. That's not a really good test of how the phone will perform normally. I never use wifi so those reviews are useless to me. My G6 gets over 4 hours of screen time over 12-16 hours with no wifi. Can I expect the same or better from the s8?
    11-20-2017 09:52 PM
    That's not a really good test of how the phone will perform normally.
    It is for most people. You're in the minority with "I never use WiFi" .

If you have a good LTE connection it is the same as a good WiFi connection (in terms of battery).
    11-20-2017 11:55 PM
    It is for most people. You're in the minority with "I never use WiFi" .

If you have a good LTE connection it is the same as a good WiFi connection (in terms of battery).
    i just want to be able to know how well it will do when i'm out and about which is when you can't have wifi. if it works well without wifi then i know it will work even better with wifi so i don't need to know how well it does with wifi.
    11-21-2017 12:03 AM
    i just want to be able to know how well it will do when i'm out and about which is when you can't have wifi. if it works well without wifi then i know it will work even better with wifi so i don't need to know how well it does with wifi.
    It is hard to truly tell. Your LTE connection in your area may not match mine. I may get amazing life because I have a good LTE connection (which is just as good as a WiFi connection) whereas you have a crap LTE connection so therefore it is harder on the battery. Or vice versa..

Judging on LTE isn't realistic for a review that is why they don't do it. Most people can get a good/strong WiFi connection so it is easier to base battery life on that.
    mary beth hale, GC736 and wxboss like this.
    11-21-2017 12:07 AM
    It is hard to truly tell. Your LTE connection in your area may not match mine. I may get amazing life because I have a good LTE connection (which is just as good as a WiFi connection) whereas you have a crap LTE connection so therefore it is harder on the battery. Or vice versa..

Judging on LTE isn't realistic for a review that is why they don't do it. Most people can get a good/strong WiFi connection so it is easier to base battery life on that.
    Great explanation.
    Almeuit likes this.
    11-21-2017 09:34 PM
    Great explanation.
    Tyvm .
    11-21-2017 09:58 PM