Plug S8 in and go to bed...
    Wake up late for work, unplug phone and try to check time/ alarm.... Phones had a hard shutdown in the middle of the night, even unplugged the green led is still on.

The phone has to have the volume down and power button held for 10sec to turn back on (battery disengage reset according to Samsung)

This has happened to me twice unfortunately I have a replacement S8, but on the same night (last night) it also happened to my girlfriend with her factory S8 even though she lives 600km away from me...

What gives? Can't even trust our phones as alarm clocks. I'm ready to trade it in and go back to my s5 active.
    11-23-2017 09:42 AM
    Can I assume it's been wiped, factory reset, clean install without installing from backup or re-downloading your apps? That way can begin to rule out software, no corrupt software, everything behaving as it should.

Must be a way to provide system logs that might tell more of your story to Sammy. Maybe even - bad as it has been with Beta 2 - join beta to help.

Did you try turning off wifi, BT, cellular services? put it in Airplane mode. Lastly, with new cable and chargers?
    11-23-2017 11:41 AM