03-20-2018 09:01 AM
78 1234
tools
    I'm a new convert from Win 10 Mobile, and just wondering if any of these text apps have the one major feature I miss from win 10 messaging.. the ability to see the list of text conversations (or just the contact photo) on the left side and quickly be able to switch without having to back out to the message list.
    11-29-2017 01:48 PM
    In textra if you are trying to delete multiple conversations just hold down the one of the conversations you want to delete until you see a circle with a check mark. You will then be able to select multiple conversations. If you are trying to delete multiple messages within a conversation it's the same way.

Got it!
    Thanks,
    WV-Mike
    11-29-2017 02:44 PM
    Textra. (mic drop)
    :-)
    badcat likes this.
    11-30-2017 06:38 AM
    My go-to has been android messenger/google messenger for a while. I recently switched to Samsung because it themes with the phone theme. It's not horrible. I feel like it handles group texts strangely sometimes.

Ive never used Textra.
    I also stick with Samsung Message because it uses my black theme from Galaxy app store.
    12-01-2017 10:45 AM
    I'm a new convert from Win 10 Mobile, and just wondering if any of these text apps have the one major feature I miss from win 10 messaging.. the ability to see the list of text conversations (or just the contact photo) on the left side and quickly be able to switch without having to back out to the message list.
    Haven't found any that do that. Miss it as well.
    12-01-2017 10:46 AM
    Kind of digging EvolveSMS. Not sure how I feel about the app opening up to the last person I texted though, but I'll see how it goes.
    12-02-2017 10:27 AM
    I have it set up just the way I like, goes perfectly with the rest of my phones murdered out theming using substratum, with blended in Black text bubbles so it looks like just text floating on the screen
    I bet that looks fantastic. I've taken a break from substratum since starting the Oreo Beta for fear of complicating things. once I get back to using my substratum theming, I'm going to try this.
    12-02-2017 10:39 PM
    I haven't had a problem with textra sending pics, but I've definitely been having issues with videos. Even if I shorten the video to 15 seconds or less still won't go through. I have to use the stock messaging app for sending videos.
    I'm no Android expert but I use Textra as my texting app and I use WhatsApp to send videos. I'm the only one in my family not using an iPhone so it works well between those platforms too. The thing I like most about it is the videos come through in full screen in high resolution. You can send a 10 second video or a two minute video Hope this helps.
    12-03-2017 09:42 AM
    I'm no Android expert but I use Textra as my texting app and I use WhatsApp to send videos. I'm the only one in my family not using an iPhone so it works well between those platforms too. The thing I like most about it is the videos come through in full screen in high resolution. You can send a 10 second video or a two minute video Hope this helps.
    The other person doesn't have to have whatsapp? That is the only thing that has kept me from trying it.
    12-03-2017 09:58 AM
    Chomp SMS is my preference. Textra has too few customization options for me.
    12-03-2017 10:04 AM
    The other person doesn't have to have whatsapp? That is the only thing that has kept me from trying it.
    Yeah, if you can't get them to get WhatsApp then you can use google photos and send the person a link via text (any text app). They simply click / tap the link and can see the video.
    12-03-2017 01:24 PM
    Yeah, if you can't get them to get WhatsApp then you can use google photos and send the person a link via text (any text app). They simply click / tap the link and can see the video.
    That's a really nice feature!
    12-03-2017 01:26 PM
    I used to like Textra, but the annoying ads at the inbox top annoyed me so I am back to stock.
    So pay for it. They keep on updating it, so there is a fair amount of work involved. They to make money somehow, so it's either ads or cash up front. It's not so expensive to buy, which made it a no-brainer for me.
    eric002, badcat, Just TM and 1 others like this.
    12-03-2017 01:36 PM
    So pay for it. They keep on updating it, so there is a fair amount of work involved. They to make money somehow, so it's either ads or cash up front. It's not so expensive to buy, which made it a no-brainer for me.
    True that. That's why I bought pro version of Textra myself! Textra has way too many customizable options that I absolutely love!
    badcat and Just TM like this.
    12-03-2017 01:38 PM
    Thanks. I'm going to try it out. There are a couple of my contacts that use it.
    12-03-2017 06:26 PM
    It really does look amazing on this phone. I highly recommend it.
    Here are a few things that I noticed that work a little bit smoother / faster in Android messenger versus all the other third-party texting apps from the Play Store: Google Voice typing work smoother, faster and more accurately. The quick reply from the notification shade is more visible at least I my phone's setup. And I still swear that sending out SMS and MMS are faster. This is after tinkering with all the MMS settings and all the other applications. I just tried setting up chompsms again last night, and at first I thought was going to be great but it has a problem sending sms to a few people and group messaging via MMS. And a few of the reviews on the Play Store say the same thing unfortunately.
    12-04-2017 07:38 AM
    This is how I send high quality videos
    missmotta likes this.
    12-04-2017 12:04 PM
    Google voice typing works flawlessly for me in Textra. As far as a quick reply setup, I just tap the notification and it opens a scrollable window pane that stays up until I close it. If that's what you're referring to. Can't beat that, as far as I'm concerned. SMS sends instantly. MMS is a little delayed but I generally don't have issues with it. Just depends on size. If I'm sending a large video I just use telegram or Whatsapp or something like that.
    Maybe it's just me but and text her there's a little hesitation in Google Voice typing. Picture messaging sent out pretty quickly but yeah video messaging is delayed which is annoying. I'm giving Android messenger a chance for now. Thanks for your input.
    12-04-2017 06:11 PM
    Dear Google, can you please buy Textra and change the name to Google Messages, and remove Android Messages from the universe? Thanks in advance.
    pjniez, ktpupp, solgol and 1 others like this.
    12-18-2017 03:09 PM
    Dear Google, can you please buy Textra and change the name to Google Messages, and remove Android Messages from the universe? Thanks in advance.
    I'm using android messenger now and for automated messages I now use iftt.
    12-18-2017 03:31 PM
    In textra, is there a way to timestamp every outgoing and incoming text? Ty
    12-28-2017 02:21 AM
    In textra, is there a way to timestamp every outgoing and incoming text? Ty
    Just slide/swipe the message to the left of the screen and the time stamp is visible.
    affald, eric002 and badcat like this.
    12-28-2017 01:07 PM
    Just slide/swipe the message to the left of the screen and the time stamp is visible.
    Thank you!!!!
    eric002 and badcat like this.
    12-28-2017 01:56 PM
    Thank you!!!!
    You're welcome!
    eric002 likes this.
    12-28-2017 04:49 PM
    It does show time and date.
    12-28-2017 06:07 PM
78 1234