I was planning on waiting on S9 and still may but is this too good of a deal to pass up? I figure S9 is going to be over $1000 and I will not get the $400 credit most likely.

Also, S8 still has a headphone jack and is actually physically smaller than my S7 edge with a bigger screen which is a bonus since i carry phones in my front pocket.

Only $325 out of pocket for S8 is really tempting. Today only deal through samsung.com

Thanks in advance for opinions.
    11-27-2017 10:01 AM
    $325 out of pocket is indeed a great deal. Looks like the S9 might just be an iterative upgrade from S8.
    I love the size/feel in hand of my S8. Peppy with good battery... Battery not so good with this Oreo Beta though.
    Bought mine through Samsung.com trade-in program last June for $425.
    Will be passing on the S9. This S8 may not be the latest/greatest at this point but has everything I need.
    I also came from the S7 Edge.
    badcat and mc4nam like this.
    11-27-2017 10:25 AM
    I was planning on waiting on S9 and still may but is this too good of a deal to pass up? I figure S9 is going to be over $1000 and I will not get the $400 credit most likely.

Also, S8 still has a headphone jack and is actually physically smaller than my S7 edge with a bigger screen which is a bonus since i carry phones in my front pocket.

Only $325 out of pocket for S8 is really tempting. Today only deal through samsung.com

That's a great price. I paid $425.00 with a discount and a trade. It's a nice phone.
    mc4nam likes this.
    11-27-2017 03:00 PM
    Yes yes yes!!!
    mary beth hale, badcat and mc4nam like this.
    11-27-2017 07:33 PM

Did you get it?
    mc4nam and badcat like this.
    11-27-2017 10:03 PM
    I'd take a good look at the Oreo Beta threads, but yeah I'd go ahead and take that deal since the S9 will be a relatively minor update with them mostly trimming the top and bottom bezels and moving the fingerprint scanner below the camera. From my reading the Oreo threads, it seems like the S8 is pretty stable though.
    11-28-2017 07:54 AM
    I'd take a good look at the Oreo Beta threads, but yeah I'd go ahead and take that deal since the S9 will be a relatively minor update with them mostly trimming the top and bottom bezels and moving the fingerprint scanner below the camera. From my reading the Oreo threads, it seems like the S8 is pretty stable though.
    If it was me I'd stay away from the Oreo beta if I just got the phone. The beta isn't bad, but there are issues as one would expect. I volunteered so I'm not moaning. If I was the OP I would jump on that deal and just enjoy Nougat until the Oreo beta reaches stable release status.
    mc4nam likes this.
    11-28-2017 07:59 AM
    If it was me I'd stay away from the Oreo beta if I just got the phone. The beta isn't bad, but there are issues as one would expect. I volunteered so I'm not moaning. If I was the OP I would jump on that deal and just enjoy Nougat until the Oreo beta reaches stable release status.
    Agree. As a new phone owner, OP should get to know/enjoy the phone without dealing with Beta.
    11-28-2017 08:30 AM
    Thanks for all the input. I did indeed purchase it for $325 with the trading in S7. I definitely will not do the Oreo Beta based on ya'lls suggestions. I do not normally do Betas anyways.
    badcat likes this.
    11-28-2017 08:45 AM
    Thanks for all the input. I did indeed purchase it for $325 with the trading in S7. I definitely will not do the Oreo Beta based on ya'lls suggestions. I do not normally do Betas anyways.
    Hope you really enjoy your new phone.
    11-28-2017 09:41 AM
    I think you're going to be very happy you took this deal. Enjoy!
    mc4nam likes this.
    11-28-2017 09:50 AM
    That is a hell of a deal. Hard to pass up. It is a nice upgrade from the S7 and I think you'll be happy.
    mc4nam likes this.
    11-28-2017 11:04 AM
    Awesome! My carrier has an amazing deal going on right now as well. It includes:
    S8+
    AKG headphones
    Samsung Wireless Charger
    Samsung Car Charger
    For $350 Canadian which is about $270 US! Only thing is you're locked into a 2 year contract :/
    mary beth hale likes this.
    12-09-2017 12:36 AM