I've had a recurring issue every time I upgrade my phone.

I have one contact file in particular that never restores completely when I upgrade to a new phone. For example, notes do not restore. After this happened two years ago, I thought I made sure all contacts were being properly backed up to Verizon cloud and Gmail. And I specifically backed up several times before upgrading this time.

Unfortunately, when I just upgraded, the same notes content for that contact was not restored. Obviously something wasn't backed up so, I used Smart Switch and everything came over.

But, I noticed a few days ago that the notes content was not there. Last night I used Smart Switch again and successfully pulled the contact information. This morning, the information is gone.

As I think about the upgrade a few years ago, I'm recalling that contact information that was initially restored to the new phone disappeared later.

What is going on?
    11-29-2017 01:10 PM
    It sounds like either gremlins or a corrupt contact record. I'd suggest recreating it from scratch as a new contact and deleting the old one. That's probably less time consuming than the ongoing trouble shooting.
    11-29-2017 02:22 PM