I got a new Samsung Galaxy S8 less than two weeks ago and every since then my incoming text messages are coming in totally screwed up. Almost every text I receive (SMS and MMS) come in broken up and totally out of order....and sometimes a chunk right out of the middle won't come in at all until 30+ minutes later. It doesn't seem to matter what carrier or phone the sender is using. I have always been a Galaxy user and never had this problem this bad. On my S6 I would have this happen occasionally with 1 or 2 specific people who were sending LONG messages from an iPhone....but now it is EVERYONE even if their texts are really short. I even tried downloading a different messaging app (Mood and Textra) and I am still having the same issue. HELP!
    12-04-2017 11:00 AM
    What carrier ?
    12-04-2017 05:59 PM
    Mine does the same thing and I have Verizon.
    12-07-2017 09:02 AM
    Same thing with Sprint.
    12-07-2017 06:19 PM
    Hi. LG V30 user here (Verizon). I happened to be looking through today's posts on AC and noticed this entry.

I get and receive a lot of longish text messages. This happens to me only in the following circumstances/with the following setup:

• I use Android Messages.
    • My Group Messaging setup is to 'Send an SMS reply to all recipients and get individual replies (mass text)'.
    12-07-2017 06:46 PM
    Check your time settings and make sure it is set to "Automatic"
    12-07-2017 06:47 PM
    Mine does the same thing and I have Verizon.
    Mine does it from time to time with Verizon. I think it's primarily with long messages that exceed SMS length. I haven't bothered to troubleshoot since I'm not a big texter.
    12-08-2017 10:41 AM
    Verizon and Sprint are on a CDMA networks, which have a 160 character limit for texts, sadly. ATT is on a GSM network and texts can be much longer. A Sprint tech had me do the following, after they did some stuff on their end:

Ruth K.:

From the home screen, tap Phone.
    Dial ##72786 #. Note: The final # will not appear on the screen. The device will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation.
    Once the activation is complete, tap OK.
    Once the PRL is updated, tap OK.
    Tap OK to restart the device.

If you're with Sprint, I'd contact them on this issue and see if they can help resolve it. I'm still not sure if their "fix" worked this time or not (been through it 3x with them so far).

I'm mostly OK with incoming messages being split into 160 character chunks, but when they are out of order?!? Unacceptable!
    02-06-2018 02:55 PM
    Verizon and Sprint are on a CDMA networks, which have a 160 character limit for texts, sadly. ATT is on a GSM network and texts can be much longer. A Sprint tech had me do the following, after they did some stuff on their end:

Ruth K.:

From the home screen, tap Phone.
    Dial ##72786 #. Note: The final # will not appear on the screen. The device will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation.
    Once the activation is complete, tap OK.
    Once the PRL is updated, tap OK.
    Tap OK to restart the device.

If you're with Sprint, I'd contact them on this issue and see if they can help resolve it. I'm still not sure if their "fix" worked this time or not (been through it 3x with them so far).

I'm mostly OK with incoming messages being split into 160 character chunks, but when they are out of order?!? Unacceptable!
    All SMS is limited to 160 characters. This is not CDMA or GSM dependent.

SMS larger than 160 can go one of two ways:

- Split into multiple 153 character messages. The 7 remaining characters are used to properly put the message back together. This is supposed to be invisible to the end users.

- Changed to an MMS message.
    02-06-2018 04:57 PM
    All SMS is limited to 160 characters. This is not CDMA or GSM dependent.

SMS larger than 160 can go one of two ways:

- Split into multiple 153 character messages. The 7 remaining characters are used to properly put the message back together. This is supposed to be invisible to the end users.

- Changed to an MMS message.
    Agreed.
    02-06-2018 05:11 PM
    Well, didn't work. Seemed to for a bit, but split texts have reverted back to being out of order. Sigh.... I'll see if Sprint support can do a better job.
    02-07-2018 10:03 AM