I did a content transfer from my Motorola phone to the S8 via Samsung Smart Switch. Text messages that had been sent to one person somehow combined into a group message. How is it possible for this to have happened?
    12-05-2017 09:24 PM
    I did a content transfer from my Motorola phone to the S8 via Samsung Smart Switch. Text messages that had been sent to one person somehow combined into a group message. How is it possible for this to have happened?
    Not sure if this will help...
    Open Messages>tap 3 dots top right >settings>more settings>multimedia messages>group conversations "send messages as group conversations by default". Make sure that's toggled off.
    Then maybe reboot.
    badcat likes this.
    12-06-2017 11:05 AM
    If the above doesn't help maybe try a different sms app and see if the same thing happens. Textra has a free version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.textra&hl=en

Another thing you can try if you still have the Moto phone is use the SMS Backup and Restore app from the Play Store. Install it on both devices then backup the Moto, transfer the files to S8, then restore. I use this app all the time. You will want to get of the current sms data base prior to restoring with the SMS Backup and Restore app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pRestore&hl=en
    12-06-2017 03:14 PM
    SMS Backup and Restore
    SMS Backup and Restore
    Love this app. Has saved stuff I'd forgotten I had and was so glad to see restored.
    badcat likes this.
    12-07-2017 08:40 PM