In reviewing the settings on the phone, it seems that the S8 is way behind in security patches. It's on the April security patch and OS version 7.0. At least with my Motorola phone, the security patch was at least up to October and the OS was 7.1.1. I checked for a software update and there was one available. I don't know what the update was, because nothing changed as far as the security update or the OS.

The double tap and then swipe is going to be something that will take some getting used to. Is there not a way that I can just simply swipe up to unlock instead of having to double tap or long press on the home button and then swipe up to unlock?
    12-05-2017 09:29 PM
    I use finger print to open and unlock.

Going to go from 7.0 with November security patch to 8.0.0 when beta is over.

Used phone or new? Bought where. Us carrier?
    12-05-2017 11:23 PM
    My unlocked S8 is on October patch and they are promising november release with the krack patch and others. Yours seems way behind..
    If you can get it to work face unlock is fast, press power button as you pick it up and look at the screen and it unlocks by the time your finger is ready to do its thing... Fingerprint can be quick too once you nail the placement (cover on device helps aim)...
    12-05-2017 11:23 PM
    I use finger print to open and unlock.

Going to go from 7.0 with November security patch to 8.0.0 when beta is over.

Used phone or new? Bought where. Us carrier?
    Phone is new and is on AT&T in the U.S.

Called support and they couldn't figure out why security patch level shows April 2017 when the latest update was issued Nov. 8.

Tech support pushed out update from their end, but that only took it to May 2017. When I run the update check, it comes back as up to date. Clearly it isn't.
    12-05-2017 11:40 PM