10-09-2018 06:49 PM
64 123
tools
    Sounds good. Fingers are crossed!
    Badcat... You're a good guy.
    badcat likes this.
    12-10-2017 11:25 AM
    Badcat... You're a good guy.
    That's what I keep telling everybody! Thanks mbh.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    12-10-2017 12:01 PM
    Got it, THANKS! I'll do the back up now and then wait awhile before turning on vzw messages. I really like the advanced messaging as I can see the message was delivered and if they are reading it, etc. Hoping I can turn it on and then if I need to use SMS BR in the future just turn it off before using. I'll post one final (hopefully) post later if vzw works out ok.
    badcat likes this.
    12-10-2017 12:09 PM
    Success!!!!!!! It's a Christmas miracle! All messages are back in vzw messages. I looked in the advanced settings and really, the only one I want is auto-retrieve (so I don't have to click "download" every time someone sends me a pic). I'm hoping having that one checked and everything else unchecked will be ok. Now, I'm trying to talk my hubby into letting me fix his texts but after seeing me go insane the last couple weeks he doesn't seem to want to hand me his phone. Thanks again for all your help. Really hoping this is done and over now!
    12-10-2017 05:13 PM
    Success!!!!!!! It's a Christmas miracle! All messages are back in vzw messages. I looked in the advanced settings and really, the only one I want is auto-retrieve (so I don't have to click "download" every time someone sends me a pic). I'm hoping having that one checked and everything else unchecked will be ok. Now, I'm trying to talk my hubby into letting me fix his texts but after seeing me go insane the last couple weeks he doesn't seem to want to hand me his phone. Thanks again for all your help. Really hoping this is done and over now!
    You're quite welcome. It's good to hear that it's finally sorted out.

I don't think auto-retrieve should cause any issues.

Your hubby lacks faith. 😊 You are now a certified SMS B&R expert! You beat your way through it but I bet you learned a lot while doing so.

If I don't bump into you again, have a Great Christmas!
    12-10-2017 07:21 PM
    Merry Christmas to you! Yeah, I've gotta tell him I'm an expert at this now, lol. But only with your help. Thanks again so much. I think I'm into overkill stage now - have a smartswitch back up, an SMS BR back up and a verizon cloud back up! Better safe than sorry! Have a good one!
    12-11-2017 05:20 AM
    You have more patience and resilience- lower frustration or more tolerance - than me.

I've been out trying to find out if one of the file managers would handle Smart backups to SD cards. There has to be one!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smscontactspro

Backup Apps & Contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars to the SD card/Gmail.You will never lose your data again!
    This is the Ads free version of Super Backup

Dark Theme will come back soon!!!
    badcat likes this.
    12-11-2017 08:21 AM
    You have more patience and resilience- lower frustration or more tolerance - than me.
    My wife would never use those words to describe me.

That app looks interesting. Smart Switch is working for me but this could be very helpful on a non-Samsung device.
    12-11-2017 08:30 AM
    Merry Christmas to you! Yeah, I've gotta tell him I'm an expert at this now, lol. But only with your help. Thanks again so much. I think I'm into overkill stage now - have a smartswitch back up, an SMS BR back up and a verizon cloud back up! Better safe than sorry! Have a good one!
    I've learned the hard way that you can't have too many backups!
    andreah1 and Gayle Lynn like this.
    12-11-2017 08:43 AM

I've been out trying to find out if one of the file managers would handle Smart backups to SD cards. There has to be one!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smscontactspro

Backup Apps & Contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars to the SD card/Gmail.You will never lose your data again!
    This is the Ads free version of Super Backup

Dark Theme will come back soon!!!
    There is also Helium: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup
    badcat and nintendo1889 like this.
    12-11-2017 02:17 PM
    Seems it's gone a year w/o updates to Helium and even l ok never for Pro version.

Before 7.0 and now 7. 1.1 and 8.0.0 (beta).
    12-11-2017 02:26 PM
    Sorry I can't help you with that. I don't use OneDrive and have disabled it on my laptop.

Good to see that you got it figured out. Sometimes I wonder myself if all this bother is worth it or not.
    Then use Google drive, or Bluetooth to transfer the file.

I'm trying to figure out how to merge SMS from an old phone that I lost and recently found with a newer phone, I think it involves using the "archive" option.
    01-28-2018 10:32 AM
    thanks to this topic.

I used SMS Backup app to backup my messages and calls from my old phone. Then restored everything on my new phone. My new phone had already Textra installed. After restoring I only saw 4 message topics in Textra app (should be 50+).

Then I opened the default messaging app on my phone.. there it appeared. All of my old messages intact.
    10-09-2018 04:57 PM
    thanks to this topic.

I used SMS Backup app to backup my messages and calls from my old phone. Then restored everything on my new phone. My new phone had already Textra installed. After restoring I only saw 4 message topics in Textra app (should be 50+).

Then I opened the default messaging app on my phone.. there it appeared. All of my old messages intact.
    That happened when I got my s8. There is a setting in the settings somewhere that let's you reload or refresh the messages.
    10-09-2018 06:49 PM
64 123