01-09-2019 12:13 PM
39 12
tools
    I was thinking this same thing, but both the s8+ and the v20 are around 6.30 inches give or take for either.
    This shows all three.
    12-16-2017 07:14 AM
    yea I'm not enjoying the new aspect ratio my self and never really saw use of the curv screen when watching things. i have a note 8 my self and I think it's to tall compared to other devices it's just werid. but in the day in age if u say something bad about a person favorite phone it's you don't know what your talking about . lol every day I think of man I should do a upgrade because of the form factor of a certain phone but not because I think it's better lol
    12-16-2017 11:06 AM
    Maybe it was a s8 and not a plus then. Because the s8 plus looks the same if not slightly taller in this photo
    12-16-2017 02:03 PM
    cant believe people are buying the s8+/note 8 than stating they're too tall like the specs/dimensions aren't available when you purchase the device. don't like the style, height, width? Use a different oem that's the great thing about android. options.

Samsung made a choice to do something different, maybe a little innovative and change the screen ratio. they're phones now somewhat stand out from a flock of same sized/styled devices. Graded as the best smartphone design this year. Gotta give samsung some credit.
    thoughtjunky likes this.
    12-16-2017 02:11 PM
    cant believe people are buying the s8+/note 8 than stating they're too tall like the specs/dimensions aren't available when you purchase the device. don't like the style, height, width? Use a different oem that's the great thing about android. options.

Samsung made a choice to do something different, maybe a little innovative and change the screen ratio. they're phones now somewhat stand out from a flock of same sized/styled devices. Graded as the best smartphone design this year. Gotta give samsung some credit.
    Give them credit for what ?
    12-16-2017 02:54 PM
    Give them credit for what ?
    For changing the aspect ratio of the device/screen, and winning awards for making the top Galaxy line one of if not the best designed devices of 2017. A lot of people don't like what samsung has done but a lot of OEM's are gonna start to follow suit. Apple and samsung in a sense tend to unofficially dictate the standard/quality of smartphones, more so apple.
    12-16-2017 05:26 PM
    For changing the aspect ratio of the device/screen, and winning awards for making the top Galaxy line one of if not the best designed devices of 2017. A lot of people don't like what samsung has done but a lot of OEM's are gonna start to follow suit. Apple and samsung in a sense tend to unofficially dictate the standard/quality of smartphones, more so apple.
    Samsung was not first to change the ratio. Design wise that's opinion base I'm pretty sure it's alot of ppl that don't like Samsung design because of the edges and just probably think other phones look better. I personally don't think Samsung phones look better then the essential phone or the htu 11 plus but that's me.
    12-16-2017 05:31 PM
    Samsung was not first to change the ratio. Design wise that's opinion base I'm pretty sure it's alot of ppl that don't like Samsung design because of the edges and just probably think other phones look better. I personally don't think Samsung phones look better then the essential phone or the htu 11 plus but that's me.
    Never said they were the first lol. There's a good ole saying "don't knock it till you try it". When I first seen the s8/+ devices I didn't like them either till I went viewed, used and spent time holding one. That made me change my mind. No one's views are gonna be same that's why we have options. If people hate the s8/+/note8 design so much then sell it and get a different device as I would or have when I don't like something.
    12-16-2017 05:52 PM
    Marketing is fooling us with diagonal size. Worse: without any physical keys, virtual ones are eating the low part of the screen.
    The proper screen measure should be the SURFACE WITHOUT VIRTUAL KEY : plain usable surface. Second important measure is smartphone body size VS this plain usable surface.

If marketing go on with this foolish diagonal only measurement (like it did with megapixel), we will end with always thinner devices

What do you think?
    07-14-2018 05:20 AM
    I can't say the new ratio negatively effected me, I don't watch all that many movies on my phone. Even in the future I don't think the different screen ratios will weigh in my choice of phone. This screen ratio is probably going to be expected from full screen phones because the 16x9 creates too wide of a phone if it is too big.
    07-15-2018 09:46 AM
    Marketing is fooling us with diagonal size. Worse: without any physical keys, virtual ones are eating the low part of the screen.
    The proper screen measure should be the SURFACE WITHOUT VIRTUAL KEY : plain usable surface. Second important measure is smartphone body size VS this plain usable surface.

If marketing go on with this foolish diagonal only measurement (like it did with megapixel), we will end with always thinner devices

What do you think?
    But full screen apps hide the on screen keys, so then your argument goes away because that part of the screen is usable.
    07-15-2018 11:57 AM
    Which is why different phones come in different measurements. If we can't even decide here which ratio, method of measurement, etc., is best, and we probably represent less than 1% of the phone-buying public, how do you expect the manufacturers to figure out which will sell best until they try it?

(Screen measurement used to be simple - screens were round [even though they were masked to 4:3], so the measurement was the diameter [which was pretty close to the diagonal of the mask]. These days, does the edge count as part of the screen? Does the full screen count, even though some apps don't run full screen? What ratio is best? [Don't expect 18:9 to be the last "different size" you'll see.] If a manufacturer makes all their screens X, and X bothers you enough, don't buy their phones. If enough people don't, they'll stop making X.)
    07-15-2018 02:10 PM

Of these 3, I find the LG V20 most attractive. It seems to have the most real estate, or presented in such a way as to be the most usable. And no stupid curved screen.

And has the ability to take ZeroLemon extended 10,000 mAh battery.

That's my next phone.
    07-23-2018 12:02 PM
    and now they are moving to 21:9. i think it's redeculus. why they are shrinking the phone size vertically?! and making it long horizontally? it looks like a ****. 16:9 was much better
    01-09-2019 12:13 PM
39 12