Why wont my Bixby button work?

SkoomaQ

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
I downloaded bixremap, so Google Assistant would open when I pressed the Bixby button. It didn't seem to work, so I deleted the app, and now the button does nothing when pressed. Long press, short press, double tap, it does nothing. How do I get Bixby back? I can't find any settings in the phone. Please help.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded bixremap, so Google Assistant would open when I pressed the Bixby button. It didn't seem to work, so I deleted the app, and now the button does nothing when pressed. Long press, short press, double tap, it does nothing. How do I get Bixby back? I can't find any settings in the phone. Please help.
Did you clear cache and restart?

SkoomaQ

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site
First, thank you for the advice. I did, however, come across a solution after more research. The key thing I needed to realize all this time, was that the advice I had found, was always assuming I was using the stock home launcher. I wasn't. So, when I tried to swipe left, no Bixby screen came up, so I just assumed that I had somehow disabled that, as well. So, to disable, and enable Bixby, make sure the stock home launcher is running.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing your solution! I'm sure there will be others out there with that issue who will benefit!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante