I am going to attempt to explain this, so please keep an open mind.

With Mid Battery Saver enabled and Spotify streaming to Chromecast or Bluetooth, after a few minutes after the screen turning off, I have real trouble finding the active Spotify controller when I "go back into" the App (say, to change a song, etc.)

I swear another Spotify Instance is open, and when I use it, it plays on my phone while the streaming continues unchanged.

A second issue is that if I do find my controller and skip a song, it sometimes drops from Chromecast and just plays over the phone speaker.

I have had to hit the icon on the phone to see apps that are open, find all Spotify apps, close them, and then reopen Spotify from the main app. I then get a message asking if I want to listen on phone or continue on Chromecast.

All - this is driving me nuts and I obviously am not tech savvy. Help!?!
    12-18-2017 08:52 PM
    I am going to attempt to explain this, so please keep an open mind.

With Mid Battery Saver enabled and Spotify streaming to Chromecast or Bluetooth, after a few minutes after the screen turning off, I have real trouble finding the active Spotify controller when I "go back into" the App (say, to change a song, etc.)

I swear another Spotify Instance is open, and when I use it, it plays on my phone while the streaming continues unchanged.

A second issue is that if I do find my controller and skip a song, it sometimes drops from Chromecast and just plays over the phone speaker.

I have had to hit the icon on the phone to see apps that are open, find all Spotify apps, close them, and then reopen Spotify from the main app. I then get a message asking if I want to listen on phone or continue on Chromecast.

All - this is driving me nuts and I obviously am not tech savvy. Help!?!
    BTW- this is not happen with my Note 4 which worked perfectly with the app and chromecast. It's only been since switching to the S8.
    12-18-2017 09:02 PM