Do you use bixby?

Do you use Bixby on your S8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I use it the same way I used Siri on my iPhone. Set timers, alarms, check weather, the occasional conversion. It works for what I want it to do.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I recently got the S8, but haven't used Bixby yet. I'm wondering if I were to setup Google with the standard phrase of "ok Google," would I later be able to setup Bixby and use it or Google depending on the launch phrase?

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I used it when I was getting points for Samsung Pay , but I don't use it for anything useful , don't use Google Assistant either really. I'll hit the Google search when I need to

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I recently got the S8, but haven't used Bixby yet. I'm wondering if I were to setup Google with the standard phrase of "ok Google," would I later be able to setup Bixby and use it or Google depending on the launch phrase?

I don't use Bixby myself but you can use both Bixby and Google assistant. On YouTube, sakitech has a nice video demonstrating how they can work together. Don't have the link right now. Just search YouTube for sakitech Bixby videos.

Last edited:

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes I do use it and google assistant all the time. Bixby is more limited but unless there's a workaround to talk to google assistant when the phone is locked, I have to use it.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes I do use it and google assistant all the time. Bixby is more limited but unless there's a workaround to talk to google assistant when the phone is locked, I have to use it.

In the Oreo Beta, you can wake Google assistant by voice from AOD or lockscreen. One of my favorite things about Oreo, since I use Assistant frequently.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Chuckles! Not at all, I enjoy poking around in the devices, there's so much on these modern phones... Love the tech...!

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
No
hate the horrid monstrosity! I have remapped it to get camera instead. Its a pest and who thought of it should have been sacked. It's a horrid thing!! So annoying and i didn't need it or wanted it. Stupid button and very intrusive!!!

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
No
hate the horrid monstrosity! I have remapped it to get camera instead. Its a pest and who thought of it should have been sacked. It's a horrid thing!! So annoying and i didn't need it or wanted it. Stupid button and very intrusive!!!
How dare you insult sir Bixby.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The way the phone’s buttons are laid out, I often press Bixby by accident. It is more of an annoyance than of service to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech