01-02-2018 01:05 PM
35 12
tools
    Samsung Pay works with tap too. If you don't keep NFC on, it will turn it on to do the transaction and then turn it off immediately after.
    The issue I found is that in certain readers (perhaps where the stripe reader is close to the tap?) it sensed a swipe rather than a tap.

Then it glitches out because on chip cards it won't allow a swipe for security purposes if there is a tap/chip available. What we need is for SP to deactivate the ability to transmit swipes so that it always defaults to tap/NFC on the readers (or in regions) that do mostly chip or tap rather than swipe.
    12-28-2017 04:51 PM
    Same here. I've tried Samsung pay but it just doesn't seem as convenient when most places have tap.
    Wait, I'm confused. I thought AndroidPay will only work when they have the tap to pay logo on the machine. The whole point of SamsungPay was for the merchants (which can be most depending on where you live) that don't have the tap to pay logo, so SP works for both whereas AP only works with the tap to pay logo, or am I wrong?
    12-28-2017 05:17 PM
    Wait, I'm confused. I thought AndroidPay will only work when they have the tap to pay logo on the machine. The whole point of SamsungPay was for the merchants (which can be most depending on where you live) that don't have the tap to pay logo, so SP works for both whereas AP only works with the tap to pay logo, or am I wrong?
    Yes. Samsung Pay works just about everywhere. And you don't even need to keep NFC enabled. It turns it on for the transaction; then turns it off immediately after.
    Gayle Lynn and mary beth hale like this.
    12-28-2017 07:51 PM
    Yes. Samsung Pay works just about everywhere. And you don't even need to keep NFC enabled. It turns it on for the transaction; then turns it off immediately after.
    That is exactly how it works for me and why I use it instead of AP.
    12-29-2017 08:23 AM
    Samsung Pay works with tap too. If you don't keep NFC on, it will turn it on to do the transaction and then turn it off immediately after.
    Yes. Works both ways.
    12-29-2017 08:23 AM
    The Samsung Pay rewards can't be beaten. I've redeemed $150 in cash so far, and I wasn't even a heavy user at first.
    mary beth hale and pankaj981 like this.
    12-29-2017 08:32 AM
    When everything is set up perfectly it works great. But there are a few problems.

No import to gear pay, so you have to manage your cards in two places.
    No way to update exp dates when you get a new card, you have to delete and re-add (again, through both phone and gear, if you use gear)
    No way to know what exp date is tied to your card so if you don't remember, it takes getting declined to work.
    Debit is treated as credit, therefore no way to get cash back. This is SUPER weak sauce.

It is fun when a merchant says they don't have fancy tap to pay and you blow their mind
    12-29-2017 12:59 PM
    When I put in my pin and ask for cash back it works. But I have Credit/debit card from a local credit Union not large bank.
    12-29-2017 01:25 PM
    I used to use Android Pay all the time and kept reading about how great Samsung Pay is. I decided to make the jump this morning and I'm beginning to think I made a mistake. Android Pay just worked at places it was accepted. Just tap phone on card reader and bam, a giant check mark appears on the screen and my purchase was paid for. I am yet to get Samsung pay to work. 2 different places kept asking me to insert the card into the chip reader, the other it just didn't work. Nothing happened. What gives? Is there a special dance to us3 to get this to work or what?
    There is a positioning that is important. They have a video somewhere that shows you how to do it best. Anyway, basically where there is an Android Pay or Apple Pay NFC reader (probably where you tried this morning), it will work using the NFC area of the reader ONLY if they also proactively support Samsung Pay.

If they don't, and everywhere else, hold it next to where you would swipe the card, top half of the phone parallel to the swiping mechanism. Once you get the hang of it, it's fantastic and it really does work in 99.9% of places.
    12-29-2017 03:08 PM
    I've only had problems with it at Subway. The card reader gets stuck and just sits there. Once they manually stop the transaction stuck in the reader and I try it again, it works. Same thing happened at 3 different subways. I've pretty much stopped using it there as I don't want to hold up the lounge while I explain to the cashier what to do.
    01-02-2018 01:05 PM
35 12