Android. Bluetooth and your Car?

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
2016 Dodge Charger: iPhone connected and played media apps (tune-in) etc. and radio talk shows using chrome browser over bluetooth.

Galaxy S8 the bluetooth is connected and all four bluetooth options are toggled ON.

Call Audio -ON

Media Audio -ON

Contact access-ON

Message acess-ON

I can make handsfree calls and listen to text messages ONLY.

NO MEDIA or Navigation over Bluetooth

Any tips? thanks

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Mine will play music when I select Bluetooth in car Uconnect. To get audio from maps, I have to have music going but paused...

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
My handsfree calling and the cars Uconnect system reads voice text messages just fine it's just the audio/media over BT that's not working.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 and it connects just fine for the most part. Not sure if they changed the interface at all between years and models, but check to make sure it's paired as a media device in UConnect.

The only problem I have is it starts skipping all audio when my friend is in the car with me (her iPhone is paired as a secondary device; I've only heard hers skip once).

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
i have it paired it just won't detect it. I can force it to play by going to settings-paired audio sources and tap to the cog wheel then -disconnect then connect it will work. Once I switch back to Radio or XM and then try to go back it will not detect it.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
You guys need to get on your respective automobile models forum and place your questions there about the head unit. The phone is simply the source of the music, it clearly works since countless of us are using it, and it is simply at the whim of the deck to handle the prioritization of audio, and the control commands to send to the phone. If things are connected but not working, it is the deck and expecting us to know what car you drive, what deck you have, and know anything about the deck on a galaxy s8 forum is just a waste of time.

ThrowinRocks

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
It can be the phone because Not one of the Moto phones are set up like other phones. I contacted them and they said they don't have the hardware setup in their phones to support the streaming of contacts and messaging over bluetooth and to use a usb cable.
Also the Google Pixel phones will not work with the Dodge that I own. I've been in 2 Dodge Charger forums and they too are having some of the same issues.

What does it hurt to try and reach out to someone in the Android community and see if others are having the same issues?

It sounds as if it upset you that I started the thread but all I can say is if it did, don't bother responding.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
You guys need to get on your respective automobile models forum and place your questions there about the head unit. The phone is simply the source of the music, it clearly works since countless of us are using it, and it is simply at the whim of the deck to handle the prioritization of audio, and the control commands to send to the phone. If things are connected but not working, it is the deck and expecting us to know what car you drive, what deck you have, and know anything about the deck on a galaxy s8 forum is just a waste of time.

He actually did say what car he drives. And two people with UConnect systems (FCA product) responded. And having personally looked for solutions to my problem, I do know there are multiple issues people have with UConnect and few have solutions. Not to mention, variations of the system spam many vehicles and model years. So please stop with the assumptions. If you're not here to help, then why even respond?