Beware of Galaxy S8 upgrade

EastAustinian

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I had a 1-year old mint Galaxy S7 that I bought directly from Samsung the previous holiday season. The phone worked perfectly but I decided to upgrade to the S8 due to special holiday trade-in offer. My S7 never gave me any problems and I went down their checklist for a trade-in and my phone passed every item in their list. I sent it back in the original packaging with everything included. They rejected my trade-in, charged me an additional $375 and kept my S7!! I have been a Samsung customer for years and have appliances, speakers, monitors and a printer but I will never buy anything from Samsung again and I recommend you don't use their trade-in programs.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There are others who claim similar, but personally I traded in an s5 when I bought my Note 8 and Samsung gave me $425.

Still if you believe that Samsung made a mistake in their assessment then you should contact them to rectify it. Should they choose not to rectify it then you should file a complaint with the bbb and state ag.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
That's unlucky. I've had friends trade in and receive the credit, and I traded in my iPhone 5 back in August for the S8. I'd follow dpham00's advice as stated above.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
My daughter's and my trade in we're just rejected sighting the phone was not factory reset. Which they both were and no lock screen. My daughter's friend received the the same rejection. Seems Samsung is not actually checking them. I've logged a call to dispute their rejection.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Just quit messing with samsung trade ins. With fine text that says "if we choose to reject your phone for what ever reason we still get to keep the phone.. bai" you are just asking to get screwed. You are literally gambling on your trade in.

Austinotian

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree with not using their trade-in offers. I had never used their trade-in program before and I own other Samsung products. I will never use Samsung again but I had no reason to suspect that they would practice such fraudulent behavior. Also my phone as in mint condition so I didn't see any chance of them rejecting my phone. I went down their check list meticulously and verifed each item. I am posting this here so that others will know ahead of time and not use their bogus trade-in offers.

teslas

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have had no issues for my s7 tradein for 400 off an s8 that I did in December. But never again will I do it. I will stick with the att 300 off deals when they show up. I got lucky. Go to small claims court if you must. Samsungs process to trade in is sloppy and full of areas that can fail

Austinotian

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I heard back from Samsung and after some back and forth, they have agreed to credit back the charge to my credit card for the additional charges regarding my trade-in.

atliens

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm dealing with this now. talking about the housing on the phone was damaged....NAH. run me back my money!

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
This is NOT a "fake" anything. Just ignore the troll.
No problems with our trade ins.
Great to be able to buy direct from Samsung and thus avoid some of bloatware providers have installed.
Not going thru a carrier will enable us to switch to Consumer Cellular, save $50 a month with more data to share.

It is a FAKE offer if they are screwing people on the trade in. A multi billion dollar company and they use some jabroni 3rd party company to handle trade ins

Dr Awkward

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
The $400 trade-in program direct twith Samsung only pops up a couple of times a year.
It was available just after holidays and ended shortly thereafter.

Best aspect of this trade-in deal is the fact that you separate no-interest payments for 2 years from your cell service provider. Means you can shop around. I'm leaving Verizon for Consumer Cell.

Double the data but no rollover and unlimited talk & text for 3 lines, $45 per month savings!
If timing is right, have no fears of a Samsung rip-off. Legitimate trade ins clear very quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol