So I got the new Samsung galaxy s8+ resently and I realized that I don't get the Facebook messenger notifications. Sometimes I get notifications, sometimes there's only the notification number in the app, but mostly I don't get them at all.
    I have already tried reinstall it. Checked all the notification settings in the app and in the phone and i even set the app on priority in the notifications settings. I've searched around the internet but didn't find anything that worked... I'm going nuts 😣
    01-10-2018 11:08 AM
    My only suggestion would be to go to apps> messenger> storage> clear chache and/ or data.. If not, then it may be necessary to reset your phone completely, which I know sounds pretty drastic. Can't think of anything else tho.
    01-10-2018 02:28 PM
    Be thankful ....
    con5150 and mary beth hale like this.
    01-10-2018 04:43 PM
    Hey thanks for your advice, I tried doing it but I'm not sure if it's working yet, guess I'll figure later when someone texts me
    I'll let you know if it worked.
    Thank you.
    01-11-2018 04:17 AM
    Hey thanks for your advice, I tried doing it but I'm not sure if it's working yet, guess I'll figure later when someone texts me
    I'll let you know if it worked.
    Thank you.
    Check & see if the app is put to sleep in device maintenance. If so, remove it. That should do the trick.
    01-11-2018 05:24 AM
    Check & see if the app is put to sleep in device maintenance. If so, remove it. That should do the trick.
    I checked it. It wasn't in sleep mode. But thanks for the tip!
    01-11-2018 10:35 AM
    I've got Samsung S7 Edge and I have the same problem. If you really need those notifications try to install messenger lite. I think the problem is in the app not the phone. On Lite version I receive all notifications, but I don't really like the look of it. I did everything (reinstall normal version, clear cache, even erased my phone - nothing helped). I have this problem for like 3 months and I don't know what to do. So if you didn't find a solution and want notifications try Messenger Lite
    01-12-2018 05:09 AM