I've had android phones for the last about 3 years. Before, I had the Droid Turbo through Verizon and could send up to 10-15 photos (can't remember the exact number) through SMS. Now I've recently switched to the Samsung Galaxy S8 and I'm lucky if I can send 2 or 3 photos at once, and this phone is also through Verizon. It stops adding them at around 1,200KB. Is there anyway I can change this?
    01-12-2018 10:34 PM
    Are you using the stock app? The stock Samsung message app is kind of bleh.
    01-12-2018 10:37 PM
    unfortunately the stock app has a limit... I've never had this problem before (or maybe I just never noticed it? could also be cause I'm a new Verizon customer)

I use Textra, it let's you send at least 20 pics at one time (that's what I tested) and it works with pretty much everything the stock app does with theme customization

I highly recommend you check out Textra it is well worth the time
    InfernoGuy likes this.
    01-13-2018 12:50 AM
    Looks like it's a Verizon thing according to this document. It doesn't seem like how many is the issue, it's the combined file sizes.

"Rev A EVDO (indicated by "3G") and 4G LTE capable (indicated by "4G" or "LTE") devices can send/receive a maximum file size of 1,200 KB."

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=BjOmh4I2
    01-13-2018 11:13 AM
    Looks like it's a Verizon thing according to this document. It doesn't seem like how many is the issue, it's the combined file sizes.

"Rev A EVDO (indicated by "3G") and 4G LTE capable (indicated by "4G" or "LTE") devices can send/receive a maximum file size of 1,200 KB."

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=zhjX2UHa
    I can send more on Verizon using Textra. The stock app is just meh.
    01-13-2018 02:28 PM
    I can send more on Verizon using Textra. The stock app is just meh.
    I'm on Verizon too. I have Textra but I've never tried to send that many. I was just quoting Verizon's support page.
    01-13-2018 02:32 PM

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=tpuExyPP
    this doesn't make sense to me, I have an unlocked S8 from Best buy... would an unlocked phone know to have a Verizon limit? and if my phone had a limit why does Textra allow me to go beyond 1200KB
    01-13-2018 05:46 PM
    this doesn't make sense to me, I have an unlocked S8 from Best buy... would an unlocked phone know to have a Verizon limit? and if my phone had a limit why does Textra allow me to go beyond 1200KB
    I have no idea. I think some info is pushed via the Sim card so the phone knows what network it is on. This is from a Verizon support page. I thought it might be of interest.
    01-13-2018 08:46 PM
    Verizon can implement its own limit through their network but their version of the phone could have other limits / modifications. That is the joy of carrier variants unfortunately.

Either way using a 3rd party should help with most people's issue.
    badcat likes this.
    01-14-2018 09:32 PM
    can you schedule text to be sent at a later time / date with Textra?
    01-16-2018 08:03 PM
    can you schedule text to be sent at a later time / date with Textra?
    Yep.
    01-16-2018 10:53 PM