I've been having trouble with my iris scanner lately. I try to unlock my phone and it says iris scanner unavailable. I've narrowed it down to only failing when my screen gives out and locks the phone. If I manually lock it the scanner works. I think it's unrelated but my fingerprint scanner isn't picking up my fingerprints at all. I think that is due to dry skin from the cold. Any ideas about the iris scanner? I've rebooted with no effect. Forced it closed with no effect.
    01-13-2018 05:34 PM
    Mine had never worked. It can't see my apparently squinty eyes. Face recognition works around 5% if the time. Fingerprint is hit and miss but eventually gets there...
    Room for improvement here!!
    01-13-2018 07:19 PM
    My iris scanner works fine whether I lock with power button or it times out by itself, so I'm good on that.
    The FPS definitely has issues with cold, dry, chapped fingertips.
    01-13-2018 07:59 PM
    Oreo is more reliable and faster. Definitely better than even in my Note.

If you use a case, that could be why but do it with case on. I changed cases to make it easier but that's just fps.

May need to start over by removing the biometrics and start fresh.
    01-14-2018 08:31 AM
    It's weird. The Iris worked fine up until the other day. I can't redo my fingerprints because it doesn't read them. I'm sure they will work again if I take better care of my hands.
    01-15-2018 06:45 PM
    It's weird. The Iris worked fine up until the other day. I can't redo my fingerprints because it doesn't read them. I'm sure they will work again if I take better care of my hands.
    It really does make a difference how dried/chapped/cracked the skin on your fingertips is. I was having issues with FPS last week so I deleted mine and tried to re-register. Wouldn't even detect any finger because they were so dry and chapped. Sucks for winter use. Guess my daughter is right... Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. :-)
    01-15-2018 07:32 PM