Facebook messenger notifications not working

anon(10395973)

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
I am seriously losing the will to live with my s8 😣 bit dramatic I know but i have tried absolutely everything to fix my messenger notifications and nothing has worked 😭 browsed every forum and help page...No luck! Anyone had this problem? I only get my messages as soon as i open it up...Even when ive got the Facebook app open they don't appear

Kungfu223

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue. Only on Facebook messenger I have this problem. Notifications only come through like 30% of the time. I otherwise have to open the app to see messages.

Meinarsson

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Got the same issue. Have looked through settings and can't find anything that helps. Even checked the opimize battery and unchecked messenger and Facebook. Still not working.

Lexxit

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Same here with a to do app. Most of the time I only see my reminders when I open the app. Tried a lot, nothing worked.

staki610

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys. im using galaxy s7. And having the same issue. Its now a few days with same "no notification" problem. every other app works fine. did every possible solution found on internet. and guess what. nothing ! i have send reports to facebook and ofc they didnt send me answers. if anyone find solution. please post it.

staki610

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
What have you guys tried so far? Back up phone and reset phone? Reinstalling the app? Clearing the app data and or cache?
I did all of that. Even did things like turning game platform on facebook off and on and deleting devices logged in and etc. Wrote a dozens report to facebook (they didnt answer). I can freely tell that i did every possible solution found on that topic. I did read one answer that said like " im in the wrong facebook cdn group " or something like that. So, can i change that group or what ?

jamesnhurling

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
I did all of that. Even did things like turning game platform on facebook off and on and deleting devices logged in and etc. Wrote a dozens report to facebook (they didnt answer). I can freely tell that i did every possible solution found on that topic. I did read one answer that said like " im in the wrong facebook cdn group " or something like that. So, can i change that group or what ?
It sounds like a samsung problem or more specifically an s8 bug. I'm surprised a phone reset didn't fix it! Can't be a general android issue or an app issue else everyone would have it... Can you subscribe to any beta updates to see if that fixes it?

staki610

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
It sounds like a samsung problem or more specifically an s8 bug. I'm surprised a phone reset didn't fix it! Can't be a general android issue or an app issue else everyone would have it... Can you subscribe to any beta updates to see if that fixes it?
Also have you tried any third party apps to see if they open Facebook messages? Can see if it's a phone or app fault then...
Well im using galaxy s7. If u google it, u will see that im not the only one. There are people also facing the same issue in the padt days and weeks. And problem persist on diferrent android devices. I did subscribe to beta and get the latest update. Didnt solve it. I have installed third party app. Also nothing. I assume that is problem with facebook because i get regulary notifications from like viber or android central forum app. I'll do factory reset ( although i doubt that this will solve the problem)..well i just dont know what do to anymore. I'll let u know here.

Sean Bulley

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
I'm getting the exact same issue on my S8+.

I've tried:

1- Uninstalling the app and reinstalling
2 - Clearing cache
3 - Moving to SD card
4 - Resetting Facebook password & logging out of all sessions
5 - Rebuilding phone
6 - Disabling all power saving & battery optimisation.

This problem is driving me mental, if you have a fix please do share it!

kate123don

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
I am seriously losing the will to live with my s8 😣 bit dramatic I know but i have tried absolutely everything to fix my messenger notifications and nothing has worked 😭 browsed every forum and help page...No luck! Anyone had this problem? I only get my messages as soon as i open it up...Even when ive got the Facebook app open they don't appear

POSSIBLE SOLUTION i was having the same issue. i was getting little numbers in a red bubble next to the app but no notifications were coming through. i would have to actually click on the app to see my messages. and sometimes i had missed important messages from friends and family. it had been like it for 3 days, my phone worked fine before. at first i thought maybe it was the app having issues, however my brother could use facebook messenger fine on his samsung phone. then i thought maybe its my account, so i decided to log my messenger account into his phone and see if notifications would come through and they did. this made me think it was an issue with my phone. so i tried resetting everything, changing power saving options, every possible solution posted on the internet i tried. still no joy. literally i felt like the problem would never be fixed. then my brother singed into his messenger account on my phone and he was getting notifications which puzzled me because then it couldnt of been the phone right? then i signed into messenger on my tab A and i was getting message notifications. so i had a hard think about what it could be, then it hit me. basically all these times i had signed in other devices and my brother was singed in my phone, they were only singed into messenger and not the facebook app as well. on my phone im normally signed into messenger and the facebook application at the same time. so then i disabled just the normal facebook app. and restarted my phone, signed into just messenger and i started getting message notifications. i assumed maybe it had fixed the issue so i redownloaded the facebook app and logged back in and had both running on my phone again however, i wasnt getting messenger notifications again. ive come to the solution that if the facebook app is disabled and i am just logged into messenger i get message notifications. so i assume its a clash between the two apps. i guess the only solution till an update comes out is to just log in on chrome browser to check feed and make a home page short cut for facebook (via chrome) instead. i hardly use feed anyway only to post a picture every few months to prove im not dead. if youre an active facebook user and scared of missing something then you could just change your facebook account settings to receive email notifications then log in the browser to view it.

i also deleted messenger and used messenger lite instead and that worked even signed into the regular facebook application. however messenger lite is too basic as i normally video call family. i guess its a choice between whether you want a feed and basic messenger or you want the better messenger and just use a browser for the feed.

let me know if this was helpful or worked, thanks.

Kate.

Sean Bulley

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
POSSIBLE SOLUTION i was having the same issue. i was getting little numbers in a red bubble next to the app but no notifications were coming through. i would have to actually click on the app to see my messages. and sometimes i had missed important messages from friends and family. it had been like it for 3 days, my phone worked fine before. at first i thought maybe it was the app having issues, however my brother could use facebook messenger fine on his samsung phone. then i thought maybe its my account, so i decided to log my messenger account into his phone and see if notifications would come through and they did. this made me think it was an issue with my phone. so i tried resetting everything, changing power saving options, every possible solution posted on the internet i tried. still no joy. literally i felt like the problem would never be fixed. then my brother singed into his messenger account on my phone and he was getting notifications which puzzled me because then it couldnt of been the phone right? then i signed into messenger on my tab A and i was getting message notifications. so i had a hard think about what it could be, then it hit me. basically all these times i had signed in other devices and my brother was singed in my phone, they were only singed into messenger and not the facebook app as well. on my phone im normally signed into messenger and the facebook application at the same time. so then i disabled just the normal facebook app. and restarted my phone, signed into just messenger and i started getting message notifications. i assumed maybe it had fixed the issue so i redownloaded the facebook app and logged back in and had both running on my phone again however, i wasnt getting messenger notifications again. ive come to the solution that if the facebook app is disabled and i am just logged into messenger i get message notifications. so i assume its a clash between the two apps. i guess the only solution till an update comes out is to just log in on chrome browser to check feed and make a home page short cut for facebook (via chrome) instead. i hardly use feed anyway only to post a picture every few months to prove im not dead. if youre an active facebook user and scared of missing something then you could just change your facebook account settings to receive email notifications then log in the browser to view it.

i also deleted messenger and used messenger lite instead and that worked even signed into the regular facebook application. however messenger lite is too basic as i normally video call family. i guess its a choice between whether you want a feed and basic messenger or you want the better messenger and just use a browser for the feed.

Kate.

Even with Facebook disabled and the account removed - problem not resolved.

staki610

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site

Kate.

im so glad that it worked for you. Well, yesterday i did a factory reset. facebook app come pre-installed but i needed to install messenger from play store. sign in to both of them and, damn i was so lucky to hear that sound from incoming messages from the app. and everything worked so fine until the night. and you can assume, it stopped again. i was sooo pissed. Tried again clearing cache and data of messenger and again logged in. didnt help. i only get one or two notifications in a few hours. then i disable faceook app, and tried everything u said but everything is the same. like the one member of this thread said, it really drives me mental. only if i could now whats the problem behind this, maybe i wouldn't be so pissed.... i really hope the upcoming android oreo update and the upcoming messenger updates will solve the problem. if u have any new thoughts on how to solve it, please, be my guest.

Technot2

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
Samsung S8. My daughters notifications in messenger stopped working a few days ago, possibly after receiving a spoof video in messenger that asked her to log in, which she didn't. Anyway I managed to fix it today by firstly logging out from all devices listed, in Facebook mobile app click on the three bar menu top right, account settings, security and login then log out of all devices shown. Then I logged out of facebook, then back in, then changed the password, then go into your messenger screen then back out to home screen and it worked. Hope this helps and works for others.

Last edited:

staki610

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
Samsung S8. My daughters notifications in messenger stopped working a few days ago, possibly after receiving a spoof video in messenger that asked her to log in, which she didn't. Anyway I managed to fix it today by firstly logging out from all devices listed, in Facebook mobile app click on the three bar menu top right, account settings, security and login then log out of all devices shown. Then I logged out of facebook, then back in, then changed the password, then go into your messenger screen then back out to home screen and it worked. Hope this helps and works for others.
Thanks Technot2, for me didnt work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC