Changing a default app

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I am having difficulty changing what an app is doing by default. I always see a message the first time I do an action that says I can change what a default app does by going to settings and default apps. The problem is that what I want to change isn't listed.

I downloaded an app called easy sound recorder. After I sent a file by email, this became the default selection each time I select the share option.

I want to change what the share function does and supposedly I should be able to do this through default apps. I'm not seeing this app listed and I not seeing anything for email options.

novahob

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Search default apps in the settings and then you'll see the option of default app selection. Here you can select for it to ask.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
That would seem to change to ask each time, but what about existing default apps that have been set automatically?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Go to Apps. The specific application. Change what it will open or not.

Should you want Twitter to open all web URL in external app or not, it ask, or always use Twitter.

Also from the 3 dots in upper right, drop down list of other settings (10 or so), one near top is Default Apps.

Every app though can have different default behavior.

And if you have say Washington Post, then should Twitter use Washington Post in use default web browser if not Twitter's build in web display engine.

If you install a new app that handles a service, like Edge or Firefox, then the default web browser will now be "none." (Seems dumb)

Frequently used apps should but aren't always first it at top of Share menu. I miss how iOS let you move those around manually and turn off some from even showing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel