Is bixby/ samsung pay worth it?

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm tired of the narrowness of the s8, want to get a pixel 2

I use spay but I realize alot of stores it still doesn't worth.

So I wanna know do you justify the s series due to spay and bixby?

I know many of us are speed fans and clearly the s8 lacks in the area due to bloat with touchwiz.

So I'm sure Spay was a big part in many of us buying the phone.

I'm sure you get my drift....

or I can say if samsung didn't have Spay would you still buy?

I think we can say google now is simply better than bixby.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
First off, I would have to disagree about "bloat with TouchWiz".
I'm a frequent user of Samsung Pay but would still purchase the S8 without it.
Thankfully there are hundreds of different phones to choose from if you are not satisfied with Samsung.
Something for everyone. :)
Edit...sorry, didn't address Bixby.
I don't use it so it would have no bearing on my decision to purchase.

Last edited:

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Have you won or got things for cheap by using pay? Touchwiz slows down eventually.

I like the phone, the narrowness pisses me off.

TennisGuy45

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Bixby - dont use it but I love Google Now

Samsung Pay - invaluable, use it all the time

As for TouchWiz and bloat? Nah not so much. Once I configured my phone the way I like it the thing is lightning fast with no lag.

Pixel 2, no thanks. Worse screen, no headphone jack, no samsung pay, no removable storage, no wireless charging, smaller battery. Why is Pixel so good again?

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Have you won or got things for cheap by using pay? Touchwiz slows down eventually.

I like the phone, the narrowness pisses me off.

Yeah, I got used to the narrowness quickly. So I'm good on that. Have earned 2 $20 visa cards past 4 months. That's not huge but it's free money.
Have also used 3 of their coupons.
Like I said though, even though I'm an avid Samsung Pay user, I'd love this phone without it. Perfect feel in my hand.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It all comes down to what YOU need in a phone. I'm used to the narrowness of the s8 , don't really use Bixby and I like Samsung pay,but I'd still buy the phone with or without Samsung pay because I like it. none of us are in a position to try to convince you on whether or not you should keep the phone.There's no way we can justify what you need in a phone. Get what makes you comfortable.

Last edited:

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten two fast charges , I've cashed in one $50 Visa card and have enough points to cash in for another. I absolutely love Samsung Pay . Bixby? eh, use it now and then for in phone things. The UI on this phone is great IMO , any AT&T bloat that came I disabled, unless I had use for it .

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm tired of the narrowness of the s8, want to get a pixel 2

I use spay but I realize alot of stores it still doesn't worth.

So I wanna know do you justify the s series due to spay and bixby?

I know many of us are speed fans and clearly the s8 lacks in the area due to bloat with touchwiz.

So I'm sure Spay was a big part in many of us buying the phone.

I'm sure you get my drift....

or I can say if samsung didn't have Spay would you still buy?

I think we can say google now is simply better than bixby.

I bought the S8+ because I always love Samsung phones. They keep the features others got rid of for no reasons: headphone jack, micro sd.

Spay is great and I love it but it’s not why I bought the phone. Touchwiz doesn’t bug me, bixby is ok but I don’t really use it. If you want the pixel go for it. Both are good phones for different reasons. It’s why android is dope. Tons of choice.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I use S-pay every chance I get. In six months its failed me one time. I tried bixby for a while, and found out Google assistant can do everything I wanted bixby to do and more. If you don't like the narrow body of the phone, get rid of it. I actually love how narrow it is. Samsung bloat gets less intrusive every year, so I'm sticking with it.