12-12-2019 03:36 PM
32 12
tools
    Yayya i also have this issue after moisture detected problem, So now your phone are works fine now ?
    I've the same issue with my galaxy S9+, did you solve your issue? I tried your trick with reboot in recovery and wipe, but I still have the same issue
    09-13-2018 01:39 PM
    I was able to fix my S8+ that was doing the quick switch from fast charge to cable charge after plugging it in.

What I did was took some rubbing alcohol, filed the charge port with it. then took a cable (while not plugged into a power source) and repeatedly plugged and and plugged several times. Then removed the cable and blew the port out using a camera bulb blower. you could probably just soak any remaining alcohol out and wait for it to dry if you don't have a blower. After that, my phone now starts and stays in fast charge mode.

Hope this helps others.

--pat

Update... spoke too soon. Further testing showed it went back to the old behavior after unplugging and re plugging. Maybe it's a dirty port related... don't know.
    01-12-2019 12:15 PM
    Mine corrected by just cleaning the port with pin......it took some time but i cleaned properly and took out alott of cloth fiber stucking inside ......now its working perfectly as new....trust me guys the problem is dirty port.....mine friends also going through same problem...i also corrected his phone by doing same.
    Czarina Academia likes this.
    05-22-2019 08:23 AM
    Any else find a solution to this problem, my s9+ just started doing this 1 month off the manufacturer warranty *Cough* *planned obsolescence*.. Anyways I noticed that the charger that came with the phone doesnt fast charge anymore, but I noticed I was able to get it to fast charge using an Anker Powerbrick using Type C to Type C. However when you use a regular USB to Type C it will not fast charge. If I do send it for repair, does anyone know if Samsung will cover this issue or will this be out of pocket?
    05-27-2019 10:30 PM
    My phone started the exact same way with my S8+. I first got a moisture warning (there was no moisture) then the fast charging didn't work anymore. Most times it will start as Fast Charging then within a second or so it drops to cable charging. Tried reboot, tried safe mode, cleaned the port pristine with plastic dental tools (all plaque and tarter removed =D )...I am at a loss. The problem remains unsolved. Is this how they get me to upgrade to a 9? I don't wanna upgrade until the S10. My 8+ works perfect otherwise.
    Same exact thing happened to me. It started off as a moisture detection alarm which I am pretty sure was not accurate because my phone and charger were perfectly dry. I tried pouring alcohol to my charging port as some said it would help remove the moisture and some debris. Then I actually tried brushing the port with medium-soft bristled paint brush. After that I restarted my phone and the moisture problem was solved. But! It started reverting from Fast Charging to Cable Charging in a matter of 3 to 5 seconds. Which again was very odd. So I restarted my phone several times, it did not work. I tried disabling then enabling the Fast Charging option in my phone's Settings, still did not work. I figured it was the cable so i brushed off the dust/debris or whatever was inside the hollow part of the C-charger end of my cable. When I plugged it back into my phone's charger port, it actually worked. It is now fast charging again. Hope this helps.
    12-12-2019 03:27 PM
    Any else find a solution to this problem, my s9+ just started doing this 1 month off the manufacturer warranty *Cough* *planned obsolescence*.. Anyways I noticed that the charger that came with the phone doesnt fast charge anymore, but I noticed I was able to get it to fast charge using an Anker Powerbrick using Type C to Type C. However when you use a regular USB to Type C it will not fast charge. If I do send it for repair, does anyone know if Samsung will cover this issue or will this be out of pocket?
    Have you tried using other original C-type Samsung Fast Chargers?
    12-12-2019 03:30 PM
    I've the same issue with my galaxy S9+, did you solve your issue? I tried your trick with reboot in recovery and wipe, but I still have the same issue
    Someone actually commented below that after fixing the issue, the problem came back. I just solved my "moisture" and "Fast Charging reverting to Cable Charging" issued today and I really hope it stays fixed. What I did was apply alcohol in my phone's port and drying it out afterwards. Then I further cleaned the insides of the port and the C end of my charger using a medium-soft bristled small paintbrush to brush away any lint, dust, debris. I restarted my phone. When I charged it back, it went to normal (No moisture issue and Fast Charging normally). Hope this helps
    12-12-2019 03:36 PM
32 12