Hi All,

My wife, who currently has a Note 5, really has her heart set on an S8+. We are on the Verizon network. I really want to get the phone for her, however I am wondering if this is the right time. Verizon's price is currently $840. I believe they are also offering $100 for trade-in of her Note 5, which I believe is a so-so deal at best.

With the S9's getting close, can anyone tell me if we are at the point where Verizon may be lowering the price of the S8+ anytime soon, and/or how substantial the price drop would be? Would not be an okay time to buy or not recommended?

Thanks so much!
    01-29-2018 04:59 PM
    It is the right time because of the promos they're running, as they'll probably be gone by the time the S9 is announced (most likely by the end of the month). When the S9 comes out, the S8+ will likely only drop no more than 200 bucks (and that's a VERY optimistic outlook... I'd say they're only going down 100 bucks to begin with).

Worst case scenario, you can wait a week if their BOGO promo is still going and return it when the S9 comes out if the pricing doesn't make sense anymore.
    01-29-2018 05:18 PM
    Thank you, SD! As far as Verizon's current promos, are you aware of anything besides the BOGO. I don't think the BOGO would do much for us, as we have no need to add another line, which I believe is a requirement. Are you aware of anything else they have that can be taken advantage of?

Thanks so much!
    01-29-2018 05:40 PM
    I know some people are not comfortable purchasing online, but have you considered buying outright from someplace like Swappa and adding it to your plan?
    You can get one anywhere from fair condition to new in box resale for considerably less than carrier purchase.
    ScottsoNJ likes this.
    01-30-2018 07:26 AM
    Also check ebay. Some reputable sellers selling brand new one's
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=atX-BAD_
    01-30-2018 09:18 AM
    Thank you, SD! As far as Verizon's current promos, are you aware of anything besides the BOGO. I don't think the BOGO would do much for us, as we have no need to add another line, which I believe is a requirement. Are you aware of anything else they have that can be taken advantage of?

Thanks so much!
    Not really... most carrier promos are meant to pull in new customers and add lines. You can call a rep and see if they can still apply the BOGO promo to your account or if they have something to offer (threaten to move to T-Mo, they love that :P). Or, if you move carriers, you'd get some pretty sweet deals, too.
    01-30-2018 11:31 AM
    Not sure if you're still looking, but Samsung.com is offering $200 off the S8+, and $350 for a Note 5 on trade-in, so your total would be around $300 for a new S8+. They're also throwing in a free pair of IconX wireless earbuds. It's a deal I'm currently contemplating.
    02-17-2018 09:14 PM
    I've noticed that many of VW "deals" are tied to the unlimited data plan, fine for some, not so much for others. The are or were discounting the Note 8 down to around $750 with no demands on changing your data plan. good luck.
    02-17-2018 09:48 PM