I got the hacked version of oreo (if anyone wants it with model G955U I got it) but a few weeks later I had to do a factory reset because phone calls were no coming through. the reset fixed it, but also there were a lot of differences I didnt see before the reset, so condsider doing a reset when you get it
    02-10-2018 01:38 PM
    Had to erase and setup new twice during beta along with wiping cache partition. Had one app that seemed to not get along with Oreo at all. YMMV
    02-10-2018 03:59 PM
    I am going to wait for Verizon to push their update out. Afterwards, I was considering doing a factory reset just because i want to reinstall everything. If I do that factory reset, will I then have Oreo or will it reset to Nougat and I will then have to update again?
    02-10-2018 04:05 PM
    I think it will stay on Oreo
    02-10-2018 05:22 PM
    I am going to wait for Verizon to push their update out. Afterwards, I was considering doing a factory reset just because i want to reinstall everything. If I do that factory reset, will I then have Oreo or will it reset to Nougat and I will then have to update again?
    You'll still have Oreo. Phones don't revert to old OS versions when you factory-reset them.
    02-10-2018 05:23 PM
    You should do a factory reset after every major update honestly. Not security updates or point upgrades mind you.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    02-11-2018 09:15 AM
    I was actually going to start a discussion about this, should we factory reset after oreo update? I haven't in the past but I think I will this time
    02-11-2018 11:03 AM
    You should do a factory reset after every major update honestly. Not security updates or point upgrades mind you.
    Should? On my Moto X I went from jellybean to KitKat to Lollypop without doing a factory reset and NO problems. My Moto X Pure Edition is the same through two upgrades. But, if it makes you feel all warm and toasty, go ahead. It's sure not going to hurt anything.
    badcat likes this.
    02-11-2018 02:18 PM
    Should? On my Moto X I went from jellybean to KitKat to Lollypop without doing a factory reset and NO problems. My Moto X Pure Edition is the same through two upgrades. But, if it makes you feel all warm and toasty, go ahead. It's sure not going to hurt anything.
    Every phone I have ever had, except iPhone and that has been awhile, has gone wonky after a major update, LG, Samsung, Moto, Nexus. My S7 did NOT like Nougat. So"should" is the correct terminology. It's not even hard to do, takes about 30 minutes to get back to where I was.
    mary beth hale and dlalonde like this.
    02-11-2018 02:29 PM
    Hi. I live in Denmark and have just been told, that I can update to Oreo. I've tried that, and it gets stuck during the update. I've tried "forced reset" with no result. So I've read that I can do a factory reset, BUT that requires that I can turn the phone off. And I can't.. It just keeps churning "Samsung" and "optimizing apps". Have any of you experienced that?
    So what do I do now? Wait for it to run out of battery? I really would love if I didnt have to make a factory reset.
    02-12-2018 01:20 PM
    I agree with Dooki. It's not the case for everyone. But good on you if it is for you and you're happy.

That being said I'm not just talking issues. I'm also talking about features that are either not activated properly or old features that are still hanging around. Given the time required for a factory reset it's best to do it.
    02-12-2018 02:33 PM