Not sure if this is in the right forum. Please move if it's not.

Title sums it up. I plan on using an unlock code on my AT&T S8+ and go back to TMobile since I was actually getting better coverage.

I searched around Google and couldn't find any solid info on popping in a TMO SIM. Someone mentioned flashing but losing WiFi Calling and VoLTE but was vague.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-12-2018 12:01 PM
    Last year I used a T-Mobile sim in my old unlocked AT&T Note 4. Data, LTE, MMS and signal strength were fine. I know I couldn't get Wi-Fi calling but don't remember if I had VoLTE.
    Hopefully someone can speak to your question about the S8 Plus specifically.
    PhoenixMike likes this.
    02-12-2018 01:00 PM
    I think to get Wi-Fi calling you have to flash the T-Mobile firmware.
    02-12-2018 01:02 PM
    Thanks. I was just going to week it you had flashed the firmware.
    02-12-2018 01:02 PM
    No. My unlocked was still AT&T firmware. From what I've read though, flashing the T-Mobile firmware will allow T-Mobile carrier exclusive capabilities.
    02-12-2018 02:11 PM
    My S8+ plus is unlocked but when I switched to TMo from Verizon I got a notice to reboot once it detected the sim and I now have WiFi calling. Might not be the case with the AT&T version.
    02-12-2018 03:08 PM
    My S8+ plus is unlocked but when I switched to TMo from Verizon I got a notice to reboot once it detected the sim and I now have WiFi calling. Might not be the case with the AT&T version.
    That's awesome. I'm sure things have changed since I had the T-Mobile sim in my old unlocked AT&T Note 4. Hopefully OP gets the same experience on the AT&T model as you did on your unlocked model.
    BTW... Despite missing the Oreo Beta a bit on my departed S8, I am loving this S8 Plus!
    PhoenixMike and badcat like this.
    02-12-2018 08:57 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions ton flashing? I've been having bad luck with Googling. Keep finding international build files.
    badcat likes this.
    02-13-2018 11:15 AM
    Did you try SamMobile?
    02-13-2018 11:34 AM
    Did you try SamMobile?
    I'm actually on it now. Only seeing international variants. Will keep at it.
    Thanks
    02-13-2018 11:35 AM
    Thanks
    https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s8/SM-G955U/Unlocked AT&T Model on TMO. Drawbacks?-screenshot_20180213-121636.jpg
    PhoenixMike and badcat like this.
    02-13-2018 01:21 PM
    That's awesome. I'm sure things have changed since I had the T-Mobile sim in my old unlocked AT&T Note 4. Hopefully OP gets the same experience on the AT&T model as you did on your unlocked model.
    BTW... Despite missing the Oreo Beta a bit on my departed S8, I am loving this S8 Plus!
    Yes I am loving the Plus as well. I never used to care for large phones but my aging eyes are much happier (even though the smaller S8's screen was excellent).

I'm seeing insanely good battery life. I'm not a power user and don't normally have battery issues but this thing has been awesome. Maybe I don't want the Oreo update!
    mary beth hale likes this.
    02-13-2018 03:34 PM
    Oh yes... Crazy good battery life.
    02-13-2018 04:41 PM
    Thanks
    Did you ever have any success?
    02-13-2018 09:06 PM