Hi there,
    after the Oreo Update, the App Icon frames cannot bei deactivated. Even if I am activating the option in the settings, the icons stay the same...
    What can I do. I do not like the odly shaped icons.
    02-12-2018 02:00 PM
    Are you using a theme? With themes you cannot change the icons. You will need to go back to the default theme first, change them there then set back the theme of choice.
    mary beth hale and Velivole like this.
    02-12-2018 03:57 PM
    Are you using a theme? With themes you cannot change the icons. You will need to go back to the default theme first, change them there then set back the theme of choice.
    I am, but I deactivated it beforehand. Also using an other Launcher (in my case the Microsoft Launcher) causes that you can't change this setup.
    But I returned to the original theme and launcher, changed this setting to "just icons" but there is no difference. Even after reboot.
    02-13-2018 07:56 AM
    I suggest do a factory reset if it matters that much to you, and don't restore settings.

Personally I always do a factory reset after major updates. It's as close as to a clean install as you can do without flashing.
    mary beth hale and Velivole like this.
    02-13-2018 08:01 AM
    I am, but I deactivated it beforehand. Also using an other Launcher (in my case the Microsoft Launcher) causes that you can't change this setup.
    But I returned to the original theme and launcher, changed this setting to "just icons" but there is no difference. Even after reboot.
    The other thing to check is see if you are using a custom ICON pack from the theme store. Normally does are not affected by that as well. Factory reset as someone else suggested will fix it but you have to go through the setup again and if you are ok with that, it will resolve the issue.
    02-13-2018 11:48 AM