10-03-2018 03:32 AM
28 12
tools
    I found in another forum to check the security credentials and clear them if able, but I found something and I'm not sure what it is. Under "other security settings>view security certificates" there are gobs and gobs of them and I have no clue what those are. My device and LOOKOUT are the only administrators registered, but lookout is disabled. Is this normal or could this be the cause of my phone not allowing me to take screenshots?
    Attached Thumbnails Why does my phone keep saying "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"?-screenshot_20180228-170720.jpg   Why does my phone keep saying "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"?-screenshot_20180228-170724.jpg   Why does my phone keep saying "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"?-screenshot_20180228-170730.jpg   Why does my phone keep saying "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"?-screenshot_20180228-170735.jpg   Why does my phone keep saying "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"?-screenshot_20180228-170745.jpg  

02-28-2018 06:28 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Is this a new device you just added to a corporate account? It sounds like your employer has disabled this feature.
    02-28-2018 06:44 PM
    No this is my personal device. It only does this occasionally but is a new occurrence.
    02-28-2018 07:02 PM
    Does this happen no matter what you are trying to take a screenshot of or only certain apps? Many apps such as banking apps do not permit taking screenshots for protection of financial data.
    02-28-2018 07:09 PM
    It happened on my texts (which had no confidential info) when I tried to take a screenshot of one of my own photos, facebook, Snapchat, internet browser, Google browser. Pretty much whenever it feels like it..
    02-28-2018 07:22 PM
    No this is my personal device. It only does this occasionally but is a new occurrence.
    Do you use any work accounts on your personal device?
    02-28-2018 07:26 PM
    Do you use any work accounts on your personal device?
    Where would I find that at? Honestly I'm really terrible with technology..
    02-28-2018 07:30 PM
    Where would I find that at? Honestly I'm really terrible with technology..
    Are you using anything like your work email or work calendars on your personal phone?
    02-28-2018 07:42 PM
    No all emails, accounts and devices are personal.
    02-28-2018 08:01 PM
    Are you using anything like your work email or work calendars on your personal phone?
    No all emails, accounts and devices are personal.
    02-28-2018 08:02 PM
    I don't have anything work affiliated like an email or iPad or phone ect.
    02-28-2018 08:02 PM
    It happened on my texts (which had no confidential info) when I tried to take a screenshot of one of my own photos, facebook, Snapchat, internet browser, Google browser. Pretty much whenever it feels like it..
    Welcome to the forums. Are you using your fingerprint to access any app or account?
    02-28-2018 08:05 PM
    Could you post a screenshot of the Device Administrator settings page?
    Cattaway likes this.
    02-28-2018 09:15 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Are you using your fingerprint to access any app or account?
    I use fingerprint or code/password to unlock and also for my secret browser. The only other time it asks me for my fingerprint or password is when I'm changing my passwords.
    02-28-2018 09:28 PM
    Could you post a screenshot of the Device Administrator settings page?
    My mistake, secure folder and lookout. But yes.
    02-28-2018 09:29 PM
    My mistake, secure folder and lookout. But yes.
    Also when I try to update samsung pass it automatically says "update failed" every time. Didnt know if that was related or what but it started happening around the sane time this did.
    Attached Thumbnails Why does my phone keep saying "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"?-screenshot_20180228-203223.jpg   Why does my phone keep saying "Can't take screenshot due to security policy"?-screenshot_20180228-203237.jpg  
    02-28-2018 09:35 PM
    Yeah, nothing strange in your screenshots. Usually this kind of problem is related to an app with device administrator privilege, but in your case the cause must be different.

Maybe it's related to the Samsung Pass error. I've seen a few reports about this same problem and there's not a solution so far. Some people said that sideloading the Samsung Pass apk solved it, but I wouldn't recommend you this process.

I'll let you know if I find a solution.
    03-01-2018 07:42 AM
    Yeah, nothing strange in your screenshots. Usually this kind of problem is related to an app with device administrator privilege, but in your case the cause must be different.

Maybe it's related to the Samsung Pass error. I've seen a few reports about this same problem and there's not a solution so far. Some people said that sideloading the Samsung Pass apk solved it, but I wouldn't recommend you this process.

I'll let you know if I find a solution.
    Okay so none of this looks malicious though in your opinion? My phone randomly lights up and gets really hot out of no where and just has been very weird and then this just didn't know if it was possibly a virus. Also what does 'ROOT' mean that I kept seeing after all of those certificate names?
    03-01-2018 02:46 PM
    May I ask what side loading Is? Also what is typical of a malicious file name? Like the appearance of it? All caps? No spaces? Anything that I could see that would tell me to check it out just in case
    03-06-2018 12:33 PM
    Side load: Installing an app (.apk file) from "Unknown Sources" - other than Google Play Services.

Useful if you know and trust source.

From sounds of this - and Lookout WAS enabled? but is not now? Take the plunge, wipe it fully. Start s a totally new setup.

Seems like your new phone could be compromised.
    badcat likes this.
    03-06-2018 03:10 PM
    Is there anything to watch for file wise? Like name, spelling, format ect
    03-06-2018 08:08 PM
    Not in plain sight. A their hides so it can go undetected. A trojan horse. A photo app or theme or wallpaper or flashlight... disguised.

Disable and shutdown cell and WiFi. Turn off. Airplane mode. Even routers have been hijacked.
    RickSanchez6969 likes this.
    03-06-2018 09:32 PM
    Not in plain sight. A their hides so it can go undetected. A trojan horse. A photo app or theme or wallpaper or flashlight... disguised.

Disable and shutdown cell and WiFi. Turn off. Airplane mode. Even routers have been hijacked.
    Okay I don't have a clue what POP/IMAP is but IMAP is enabled. From what I've read.. I have to set it up for it to run... so... could that be it. I don't even know what imap is or what the settings should be for my phone, but me not knowing how to start it makes me 100% positive that I didn't activate it.
    03-06-2018 11:20 PM
    Hey guys, had to create an account and also post that I have also just run into that problem a few minutes ago.
    I can screenshot on a different page, but as soon as I try to screenshot a story on USA Today, it says "Can't take screenshot due to security credentials", same as you.
    Now what I'm wondering is if it could possibly be malware, maybe a Trojan.
    OP have you been on any websites that could have possibly given something like that? An adult website?

I'm using a tablet, however. Samsung SM-P580. It is also rooted. Also personal, nothing business.
    04-14-2018 07:36 PM
    So another thing on this: I took a screenshot same website on a different device, and it worked. So I'm assuming it's something bigger and probably bad.
    04-16-2018 02:25 PM
28 12