I can no longer send emails from my S8 for a gmail account that I have. Why is this?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I looked at this forum and tried some of the suggestions, i.e., turned off my wifi (I am at my home), I tried to look for the menu to change the settings for 3G, but couldn't figure out how to do that. I am beyond frustrated, becuase I HAVE to be able to send emails from my phone, but none of them are going through. They just sit in my outbox and it says "Failed" next to them, because they won't send. Two days ago, I had someone try to access this email (it wasn't me), so I changed my password and added the 2-step authentication process, so I don't know if somehow, someone got to my email and made it to where emails won't send. Any suggestions???

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, it's probably the 2 step authentication. Leave wifi on. (Email has been going via internet, wired or wireless, since the internet started.) Delete the email account. Restart the phone. Add the email account. Allow the email app to set the account up automatically. Then try sending something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma