Had anyone noticed their S8 showing signs of slowing and unresponsive after a year?
    03-03-2018 11:28 AM
    I don't have one, but if I did, I'm guessing it would still be good.

I'll move the thread to the S8 forum - by far the best place for such a question - for comments from the S8 guys.
    03-03-2018 06:12 PM
    Sometimes it gets laggy. usually a reboot or removing some apps i haven't touched in a while ( likely running in background) gives it a faster response. If you aren't opposed to it, a factory reset and starting clean can also clean up a lot of lag and stutter.
    belodion likes this.
    03-03-2018 07:26 PM
    First step I'd go into settings and use device maintenance and see what it clean up.
    belodion likes this.
    03-03-2018 07:27 PM
    Only been ~5 months here.
    Getting ready for "O" to drop and having been on S8+ wanted to do full erase. It does operate smoother.
    But then IG is a hog. Anything Facebook creates. But it was never slow or sluggish.

Any time you patch 90 apps, have 5 security updates, there is probably fragmentation and inefficiency. And wiping cache partition won't cure. Nor anything written by Cheetah Master cache and system cleaner. Even if bundled.

I was running Chrome Beta, Dev, Canary and did run into trouble but those are... beta or experimental. And contributed to my desire to wipe the system.

It's got 2 good years or more.
    belodion likes this.
    03-04-2018 04:05 PM
    I just posted a thread where I talk about my screen being non-responsive in some areas. It just happened today after I updated my phone and it's weird how most of the time that area hasn't worked today, but a few times it has. It is beyond frustrating and I hope that this is a matter of the update and a lot of people complain and therefore it will be addressed. Because otherwise I am screwed... 😞
    03-05-2018 06:40 PM
    Updates have been a problem. Sometimes a specific carrier has. Wiping cache partition may help. But sometimes it really only clears up with a factory erase. Prudent to setup as new and not restore.
    03-05-2018 07:54 PM
    My s8 has been pretty flawless all things considered. Just that little wireless charging loop issue but thats it.
    03-05-2018 11:27 PM