What security update is everyone on? I have an AT&T S8+ and it hasn't updated or had a security patch since April 2017.

I am still on android 7.0

Bixby voice is still nonfunctional. As in I try to turn it on and I get a popup notice saying I need to install the latest software. Then when I follow the prompts to update, Bixby crashes. EVERY TIME. Pure GARBAGE.

I check galaxy apps store often for updates. All Samsung apps are up to date.

I am no newbie to android/samsung. I have dug through every menu in the settings.

Also, my fingerprint sensor goes unresponsive every other day or so. I have to reboot the phone to get it to work. The face sensor hasn't ever seemed to work. Iris scanning takes multiple tries and usually does not work either.

This phone is so buggy it's stupid.

Anybody else deal with this issue and figure out a fix?
    03-04-2018 11:35 AM
    Here are a couple screenshots. Can anyone help me?
    Attached Thumbnails Security patches and updates? Bixby voice still not working (at all)-4391.jpg  
    03-04-2018 11:41 AM
    Another
    Attached Thumbnails Security patches and updates? Bixby voice still not working (at all)-4390.jpg  
    03-04-2018 11:42 AM
    Another
    I'm on xfinity mobile. Idk if you are rooted n romed. I got an update last Thursday.
    03-04-2018 12:04 PM
    Not rooted and my service provider is AT&T. Wow, my phones security is way out of date.
    03-05-2018 09:46 PM
    I'm in the UK on EE and I'm on November 2017 security patch.
    03-06-2018 07:11 PM
    I'm in the UK. My S8+ is on February 2018.
    I'm trying to get a solution from samsung support
    Hi,
    My question is very simple. Why has my phone not received any security updates for the last 4 months? When I attempt to manually update it, the software tells me that the latest updates have already been installed. I am attaching screenshots of the software information screen. The model number I have chosen is the SM-G955F, the first of the list you are offering, because I am unsure which number I have. The only thing I am certain of is that it is an SM-G955F.
    Counselor answer
    Dear Milen,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics New Zealand.

This is regard to updating the software of your Samsung Galaxy S8+.

I know how important this is for you. The device can be directly updated to the latest software by the firmware over-the-air (FOTA) service. Please see the steps below:

1. Go to Apps.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Tap Software update.
    4. Tap Download updates manually.

You can also use Smart Switch when updating software. Connect the device to a computer and update the device to the latest software.

1. Go to the link below and install Smart Switch to your PC.
    2. On the computer, please launch Smart Switch.
    3. Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable.
    4. If a software update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update the device.

Things to remember:

Do not turn off the computer or disconnect the USB cable while the device is updating.
    While updating the device, do not connect other media devices to the computer. Doing so may interfere with the update process. Before updating, disconnect all other media devices from the computer.

There is no fixed timeline with regards to the frequency of updates. This depends on how fast the Samsung can roll-out their version of the updates tailored and optimised for their specific products to the Service Providers, and from the Service Providers to the subscribers.

Please be informed that Google transmits software update globally, however, filtered by the specific Samsung subsidiary for each country or region to ensure safety precautions and compatibility with the locally released devices.

You can also set the device to automatically update when connected to Wi-Fi to receive notification when an update is available.

1. Go to Apps.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Tap Software update.
    4. Tap Download updates automatically.

Based on the serial number provided, the device is originally from Italy. We also recommend to contact our Samsung Italy Support Team to get more details of the updates:

For your record, this is your Customer Reference Number 220280****. Please use this number if you would like to call us to further discuss your concern.

If you could fill in the short survey at the end of this message, we would definitely appreciate it. This will help us provide you an even better experience based on how we performed in our last engagement.

I hope I provided enough information to address your query.

If you do require further assistance you can also contact us through these channels:

Samsung Customer Care

Kind Regards,

Isabella F.
    Samsung Customer Care

SECOND TRY

Hello,

The response you have provided me with does not answer the question that I posed. I was told to contact the Italian Customer Support but I am not Italian, I live in the United Kingdom and there is no way I can communicate with Italians through an Italian website in Italian. From what I gather, you are trying to convince me that, at the moment, Samsung S8 + in Italy is still with the February Security update because Google launches its updates after filtering them by the specific Samsung subsidiary for each country or region. My partner has a (Italian serial number) Samsung S8 and, for the past 4 months, she has received a monthly security update. I am asking the same question again - why does my phone not receive the updates through FOTA? 4 months! Please do not respond with automatic templates - I know how to update a phone, I know to manually check for updates, I do not need such information. If you do not know what the answer to my query is, do direct me to someone who does. I am attaching a screenshot once again of the system information screen where you can see which date the latest security update was from and what date the last kernel is.

Regarts Milen
    Counselor answer
    Dear Milen,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics New Zealand.

This is in regard to the software update of your Samsung Galaxy S8+.

We do apologise if we cannot provide the timeline for the updates since this is not a NZ origin device. Hardware and software specifications differ between regions to match the requirements of each global area.

The best team to provide information on software update for your device is the country where it was manufactured for. Your phones might be from the same country but may be different variants. They will be to check that using the build number for both devices.

Please be advised that security patches are included when performing a software update.

For your record, this is your Customer Reference Number 2202873249. Please use this number if you would like to call us to further discuss your concern.

If you could fill in the short survey at the end of this message, we would definitely appreciate it. This will help us provide you an even better experience based on how we performed in our last engagement.

I hope I provided enough information to address your query.

If you do require further assistance you can also contact us through these channels:

Live Chat
    Mon – Sun 8:30am – 8:30pm

Samsung Customer Care

Kind Regards,

Isabella F.
    Samsung Customer Care
    06-02-2018 10:00 PM
    I am on unlocked S8 Plus in UK on EE and got fed up waiting for security updates. I was stuck on Oreo and 1 Feb 2018.
    I signed up to Sammobile and downloaded a stock rom from Netherlands and flashed with Odin and now I have 1 May security patch and I believe a camera update. You need to make sure you select a stock rom that works for your phone model, mine being SM-G955F.
    No Rooting and all my apps and settings preserved.
    06-04-2018 10:54 AM