Hey community, does any use iCloud email on their S8? Can it be used on S8's stock mail app (not gmail)? If so, do you get pushed notifications or is it manual?

Im a newbie looking to switch to android from ios.
    03-04-2018 04:56 PM
    Hi I do use icloud email on my phone. It works fine as far as I can tell. I use outlook so can't comment on the stock email app but can't see why it wouldn't.

You need to create a app specific password on icloud via a Web browser which is a pain and enter you email and the random password that generates to get your account on the phone. I was trying my email and icloud password, that doesn't work anymore it needs to be an app specific generated password from icloud. That's the only thing you need to do but that is strait forward. Just apple being awkward for daring to use anyone other then them.
    03-05-2018 05:16 AM
    Hi I do use icloud email on my phone. It works fine as far as I can tell. I use outlook so can't comment on the stock email app but can't see why it wouldn't.

You need to create a app specific password on icloud via a Web browser which is a pain and enter you email and the random password that generates to get your account on the phone. I was trying my email and icloud password, that doesn't work anymore it needs to be an app specific generated password from icloud. That's the only thing you need to do but that is strait forward. Just apple being awkward for daring to use anyone other then them.
    Im having a hard time connecting to the server when I added my icloud email into the stock email app.

You said you use outlook, you added icloud through outlook app or how did you set it up?
    05-17-2018 02:09 PM
    Im having a hard time connecting to the server when I added my icloud email into the stock email app.

You said you use outlook, you added icloud through outlook app or how did you set it up?
    First thing you have to do is (and this is down to Apple) to to iCloud.com on a browser and generate a user specific password (or Google iCloud generate user specific password as I can never find it on the site).

Once you have that password (random letters and numbers) you put your username for iCloud and the generated password in to the stock app to sign in to iCloud. You cannot use your username and iCloud password, that won't work, it has to be your username and a generated password from iCloud.

This should work with the stock app, if not try outlook, key thing is that password generated from iCloud.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    05-19-2018 04:33 AM