Why screen unlock is so difficult in S8 plus?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Such a beautiful phone but one major problem, why fingerprint is followed by Pin or Pattern lock security...why can't phone unlock directly with Fingerprint which is present cheaper phone like Redmi Note 4.
I access phone more than 100 times a day...every time I have to use double security option. It's so tedious typing Pin all the time...if anyone knows the solution plz guide.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
You done something wrong. With fingerprint you should only need your pin after a reboot or every 4 hours you don't use your phone.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
jeffmd is correct. If you've set phone to fingerprint unlock, it shouldn't ask for a pin unless you turn the phone off/on, restart or if it's off for more than 4 hours.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The only time I need a pin is after reboot. I leave my phone alone overnight and first thing in the morning the fingerprint alone works. No pin required.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You should not need to be prompted to use your pin/pattern after fingerprint every single time. I'd try removing your fingerprints and setting them up again. It is likely that the scan of your finger was just bad and isn't being picked up properly.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
So I am digging this up now because after updating to oreo my phone now randomly requires the pin to be entered to unlock simular to OP described. Does not seem to happen during the day when my watch keeps the phone unlocked, but in the evening when home at the watch is off I pick the phone up and it won't allow a fingerprint. It just says I can use fingerprint next time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital