New S8+ battery draining too fast

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Your link is all kinds of broken.

but without seeing a screenshot, The problem is almost certainly an app causing your issue. I'd go back to the start and don't install any apps and see if you encouter the same issue. Once you know, you can then install a few apps at a time and see if you can find which one is causing the issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I edited your initial post so that the link works.

Showing the battery usage after only 20 minutes isn't that useful. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
If you continue to have problems after a few days you may want to consider clearing the cache partition. It's easy and there are many sites showing you how. I'm guessing you have downloaded and installed the latest updates. There is a chance some corruption had taken place. Usually this fix is done after many months of use but it is possible something went amiss from the get go. Happened to me once. First I would take a close look at the apps. Sometimes the optimization feature in settings (device maintenance) will tell you if there is an app that is sapping juice and propose a fix for you (putting it to sleep).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar