Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to dismiss an upcoming alarm without turning off the entire alarm schedule?

For instance, I have a work alarm set for 7am but sometimes I wake up around 6am. I'd like to have the option to just dismiss the upcoming alarm without having to toggle off the entire work alarm schedule, only to have to re-enable it again once 7am passes.

Maybe a different clock app is the only way to go if there's not a setting for this with Samsung's clock app.

Thanks for any replies.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to dismiss an upcoming alarm without turning off the entire alarm schedule?

For instance, I have a work alarm set for 7am but sometimes I wake up around 6am. I'd like to have the option to just dismiss the upcoming alarm without having to toggle off the entire work alarm schedule, only to have to re-enable it again once 7am passes.

Maybe a different clock app is the only way to go if there's not a setting for this with Samsung's clock app.

Thanks for any replies.
On the stock alarm when it's one minute til it's time for the alarm to go off the clock will show the option to dismiss the alarm in the notification window. You won't be able to dismiss the alarm before then. If you download the Google clock though it does what you want. Once you wake up you are either able to go into the app to dismiss the alarm or you can dismiss it from the notification shade.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info.

Wish it would allow a dismissal earlier than 1 minute before the alarm time but glad I know now that I'm not missing a setting somewhere. Google clock it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463