Verizon Galaxy S8 Edge lighting

night66owl

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
I've had this phone for almost 2 weeks and cannot get the edge lighting to work with Verizon Messages. I haven't had any voicemails to see if it works for that.
I've tried face up/down, display on/off, keep screen turned off/on, always on display on/off.
Messages, voice mail and missed calls are the only apps I really want to use it for.
I've tried it with all apps turned on or just a select few. All apps are updated along with edge lighting app.
From what I have read online it is hit or miss with different phones.
Also, same goes with "keep phone unlocked in trusted places'. It works for a few days then stops.
I liked my S7, the only reason I got the S8 was Best Buys sale got me.

night66owl

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
I did find out the edge lighting works if I go with the stock Messaging app. Even though Verizon message app is supposed to work with it, it does not.

larrykay

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
If you want the Edge Lighting to work for specific apps, install Glimpse Notifications from the Play Store,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.nullgrad.glimpse&hl=en
Install it, it is free, go to the settings of the app, and select the apps you want the Edge Lighting to work for when the screen is off (AOD on) and they will now work. I have nothing to do with the app or author, I found a posting about it on another site...(It does work, I now have Edge Lighting from Blue Mail, CNN, Weather Alerts, (Textra already worked)).

jako607

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Did you have to turn off all of the notifications within each app's individual settings and let Glimpse be the one thing that notifies you? I'm not sure how to set up Glimpse to get Edge lighting to work

cr500man_87

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
I don't know if this is coincidence or not but I've tried all the remedies online to get my edge lighting notifications to work and nothing worked so I gave up, and then I had to transfer some old messages from my old phone to my new S8 phone. so I got an app called switch mobile transfer, while it was transferring messages it kept popping up notifications that it was transferring messages and the edge lighting and the little pillbox started working and it's worked ever since, so I don't know if the app did something or just coincidence, just thought I'd let everybody know

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20